Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
09' V
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The car is at the dealer for repairs. 2004 15,000 miles.Both motor mounts, rear diff, center console and clutch sticking to floor. I get a call today that everything is ordered except they said that just a pressure plate was ordered not the entire clutch kit.. They didnt take it apart to look at it,they only test drove it. . I told them that when they had it apart i would come up and look at the clutch and flywheel to see if theres any damage. I gave them the tsb write up so if there is damage they should replace the entire setup...right???

A few Questions:
Are the clutch, flywheel and pressure plate three seperate parts?
What should i look for on the flywheel and clutch to see if they are bad?
If i decide to go aftermarket clutch and or flywheel, is the stock pressure plate good enough?
What clutch and flywheel are good upgrades? I have a maggie and cam waiting to go on! Spec, UUC, textrillia?????

Thanks for advice!

·
Registered
CTS-V SERIES
700 Posts
I just want to let you know just how lucky you are... i took my 2004 22k car to the dealer because my clutch is doin the same thing... it sticks to the floor and burns the clutch up. And they told me that the TSB has nohing to do with my car and just the 05's whick i can't understand because 04 comes before 05 dahh and they said there nothing they can do. My dealer wont replace a thing with out it breakin in half, so they make me wok hard and break it half, just like theyask =) I got to get a new dealer!

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
Well if your contemplating a maggie and a cam you should probably also be thinking about a clutch and flywheel. Your current situation provides an excellent opportunity because they are going to provide at least the labor which is a $500+ item. Now your just dickering over parts. In my opinion they should spring for the clutch disk. In any event you should pick the appropriate clutch/flywheel combination and pay for what they will not. You may get some leverage by purchasing the parts through them. I do not have an opinion as what clutch/flywheel you should get for the modifications you list, but I suspect a UUC flywheel and stock clutch is the minimum. Others will no doubt chime in on this part.

·
Registered
05 Maggied V Black/Black
1,158 Posts
Textralia...see other thread

1 - 5 of 5 Posts