Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Catera
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*I know - "look for a Catera in a junkyard" is coming... but what good will that do me if the colors of everything I find are off!? Here's a little list of what I need, and I'm honestly making this topic in hopes that somebody on this board can give me a link to where they can be ordered... IF at all.

- Sunroof knob...
- Driver-side window button, (1 of the 4 that control all windows...)
- New glove-box handle with pins
- New backseat dome lights.. (both buttons were jammed in...)

Any clue? Like I said, if I hit up a junkyard, they'll most likely have NO Cateras, or a catera with a completely different paint job... Thanks.

·
Registered
Cadillac
29 Posts
as far as i know the color of the exterior paint means nothing to any of those parts and im pretty sure that there are only 2 different interior colors; black and tan-ish... i'd say if you havent looked at a yard yet then you are probably missing out.. your chances of finding the pieces you want are 50/50.. and youd be surprised how many people scrap cateras.. everybody just thinks they are too much of a headache to bother fixing so they run em into the ground.

·
Registered
1999 Catera Sport
677 Posts
all those parts are going to be the same color in your catera assuming it's a 00 or an 01 from you saying you have all four windows switches in the same area. the sunroof knobs are universal in all cateras and will be tan, window button will be black in any cat (unless you have a 97-99) in which case they may be black or tan depending on the interior color, and i never looked THAT close but i believe the dome lights stayed the same through all the models, and I'm positive the color is the same. The reason the sunroof and the dome lights will be the same color is because Germans typically use a light Tan or Grey color in cars from about chest up to give the car more of a roomy luxury feel, which has been carried over to american and jap and whatever else cars. (Plus our car is pretty much just a carry-over.) So all our cars have a tan upper interior. Just thought I'd throw that out there. =]

·
Registered
'97 Catera (Ocean)
463 Posts
Yeah the roof felt on the 2000 I'm thinking about buying is indentical to the color in my 97, even though the 2000 has black interior (heated ricaros) and my 97 has tan, cushy, 8 way adjustable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts