Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
07 Escalade
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

My first post here. We have an 07 ESV. We just went through the engine, it now has a 418 L92 in it. Ported heads, Comp 400 VVT cam, Gibson headers, 11.5:1 Scat crank and rods Mahle pistons yada yada yada. It makes right at 600hp at the crank. Ok that's the end of my introduction haha

I changed the front wheel bearings, and in the process the clip that secures the wiring plug for the speed sensor at the end of the body harness was broken. I went to the dealer and they wanted $68 for just the small plastic piece. I said no thanks, but neglected to get the part number. Does anyone have the part number for this plug? Its the femaleplug, attached to the frame rail, just aft of the upper control arm, part of the body harness, that connects to wheel speed sensor.

Thanks
Troy

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,854 Posts
Welcome, sorry i don't have the part number, thats gonna be a fun ride with that kind of power

·
Registered
2010 Premium w/ ALL options + 2004 Pontiac GTO LS6 "Beast"
1,196 Posts
Sorry no part number, but how do you like that cam? Did you port the stock L92 heads or go a different route? I'm considering the GM factory ported L92 heads.

·
Registered
07 Escalade
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Factory L92 heads. Ported them myself. That cam is perfect. I would go with a different piston if I had to do it over. The mahle pistons are practically indestrutable, but it sounds like a duramax until it warms up, and then they quite down a lot, but they are still to noisey for an escalade. I run a little shope behind my house, but we only do speed stuff. If you need help shoot me a PM. That 400 cam pulls hard from just off idle to where it shifts now at 5,800, we need more injector to get to the planned shift point of 6,400rpm. Its at 99% DC at 5,800(that's 550hp)

Back on topic, I need a part number!

·
Registered
2010 Premium w/ ALL options + 2004 Pontiac GTO LS6 "Beast"
1,196 Posts
Factory L92 heads. Ported them myself. That cam is perfect. I would go with a different piston if I had to do it over. The mahle pistons are practically indestrutable, but it sounds like a duramax until it warms up, and then they quite down a lot, but they are still to noisey for an escalade. I run a little shope behind my house, but we only do speed stuff. If you need help shoot me a PM. That 400 cam pulls hard from just off idle to where it shifts now at 5,800, we need more injector to get to the planned shift point of 6,400rpm. Its at 99% DC at 5,800(that's 550hp)

I'm curious if the Mahle pistons are a taper fit or not. Taper would reduce the piston slap a lot, but your tolerances would have to be spot on for thermal expansion of the piston to not contact the cylinder walls. Are those file fit rings?

----------

I'm curious if the Mahle pistons are a taper fit or not. Taper would reduce the piston slap a lot, but your tolerances would have to be spot on for thermal expansion of the piston to not contact the cylinder walls. Are those file fit rings?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts