Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'05 Deville DHS
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Looking for the part name/number for the plastic bolts that hold down the plastic cover on the radiator. Mines missing all of them and it slides around when I open the hood.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,404 Posts
Look on the Help! racks at any large parts store.

The original GM part has a phony Philips head 'screw' as the center pin. The replacements have a flathead pin.

It's a retainer, trim, GM #14093088, AuVeCo #14093088, Fastenal SKU 0162659

$.$$ apiece at a dealership, about $1.50 apiece on the Help! rack, $8.75 a box of 25 at Fastenal.

Pull the center pin almost all the way out to collapse the rivet. Insert it, firmly push in the center pin to lock. The AuVeCo item may take a bit of judicious tapping with a plastic mallet to seat the pin.

from the handy-dandy gearhead possibles box ......................

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts

·
Administrator
68,404 Posts
The things break. I daresay half your lower air deflector retainers are missing, too - there are 13 or 14 of them and dealerships and shops don't replace/install them routinely.

It won't affect your car, but if all those lower deflector retainers are not securely in place on a H or Z car you run into missing parts at over 125. Ask me how I know.................

How many ricers do you see running down the road with half the lower guts hanging down ?

·
Registered
1992 Fleetwood S&S Hearse, 1993 Buick Roadmaster
567 Posts
There are cars where you have to remove them to change the battery or headlight, and they very often fall apart, or a person (not me) (okay, me) accidentally launches them into space trying to pop them out of place. For some people, it's probably just not worth the trouble to track down a trim retainer that isn't vital to the operation of the vehicle. Of course, if you want it to look right, it's a must-have!

·
Administrator
68,404 Posts
Rat, Radiator sight shield, headlight work - the question for the car in the OPs post. #1.

This same question comes up in these FWD forums twice a year.

Here's the same setup on a late 2002 Seville TS..................... You can see 3 of the 6 retainers. There are over 20 throughout the whole front end assembly, so it makes sense to have a few spares on hand. Post #2. Also note the Christmas tree retainer buttons for the underhood insulation.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts