Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
None
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking awhile and may have found my unicorn. It's a 2012 Opulent Blue Coupe with 7k miles. It is 6 speed manual and what appears to be carbon trim interior. No sunroof(I didn't want one anyway), no Recaros. It doesn't have the dark wheels or yellow calipers like I wanted but I can have wheels painted or powdercoated. OTD price after tax savings in my trade is $45k. $46,700 is the list price. It's not a CPO cause it's at a non GM dealer. It does have factory warranty till Sept 2016. Good deal?

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I think you could still get the price down. See what their bottom line price is, give them your number and tell them to call you when they want to sell the car. 9 times out of 10, they will want to sell it for a little profit over no profit and they will call you the same day or the same week with an even lower price. This strategy usually works well. Being that the car doesn't have Recaros makes me think you can get the car for a good chunk less. For a lot of us here, no Recaros is a deal breaker and most walk away when they see that it doesn't have Recaros. I do like that it doesn't have a sunroof. I ordered my coupe without the sunroof too and glad I did. On the V Coupe, the sunroof doesn't slide open, so it is a VERY pointless feature.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Yep, with only a "vent" feature on the sunroof I would have been happy without it too.
Car sounds pretty nice, but without the Recaro's I'd pass.

·
Registered
2018 CTS-V Black Raven, Carbon Package, Recaros
352 Posts
send me the VIN and I will run it through the GM warranty system to see if anything has been fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
Raven Black 2016 ATS-V Sedan A8
516 Posts
The price a bit high with standard seats and no sunroof, but no Recaros, man your buns are going to ach! Sounds like a nice color thou. Get the price down, but och no Recaros.

·
Registered
None
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I told the guy I would get back to him tomorrow with my offer. I didn't realize the Recaros were that big of a deal but glad I went on this forum. As far as going low on my offer the prob is that they had it on eBay and it had a ton of bids. Reserve wasn't met at $46,750 but a lot of bids that topped out at $45,600. Who knows, maybe the dealer had friends bidding it up to raise offers. Guess I will hold off and see if car sits another week. They just got it in last week on a trade.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,840 Posts
It's really your decision. Do you like it? That color is amazing. If the price comes down a bit and you really want it, go for it. As for the seats, yes, many here love them. I love them. But my car doesn't have them simply because when I bought it pre-owned the selection of black cars available in my region at the time I bought was slim pickings. Even at a 300 mile radius. For the duty my car gets the standard seats work for me. Better seats? No. But they do.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,168 Posts

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,168 Posts
Worthy of a phone call, that's for sure.

Joliet, IL. Say "Hi!" to Jake and Elwood for me.

·
Registered
Raven Black 2016 ATS-V Sedan A8
516 Posts
but even when the car is registered to the dealer it usually has a few miles on the OD. 1 mile for a 4 year old car, yes worth inquiring

·
Registered
None
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea I saw that the V I'm looking at is a 7k mile 2 owner car. Owner of the Corvette only dealership where the V is at said 2nd owner bought it last fall but missed his Corvette so he drove down to Florida for vacation and traded the V in for a new Stingray.

·
Registered
NONE
1,423 Posts
I would make sure no previous owner installed a custom ECM tune that would make the warranty useless. Not long ago another member of this forum purchased a V and when he had problems the dealer discovered that the engine or transmission software had been altered with a custom tune and he ended up getting his powertrain warranty voided forever and owed the dealer money for repairs.

About the only way to find out is to take it to a Cadillac dealer and find out if all the engine computer software is original GM. A used car dealer might not let you do that so I would not tell them I was going to do that.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Yea I saw that the V I'm looking at is a 7k mile 2 owner car. Owner of the Corvette only dealership where the V is at said 2nd owner bought it last fall but missed his Corvette so he drove down to Florida for vacation and traded the V in for a new Stingray.
...And I would guess that the first owner was a little old lady who only used the car to drive to church on Sunday mornings.....

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
I have never seen a new vehicle with 1 mile, ever.:suspect:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts