Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed a Nav in my cts which came as a non-nav car, and now some of the buttons don't work. How can I get a new faceplate? Please help! It sucks not being able to work my nav or radio!

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts
Hog_cts said:
I installed a Nav in my cts which came as a non-nav car, and now some of the buttons don't work. How can I get a new faceplate? Please help! It sucks not being able to work my nav or radio!
Where did you get the nav from? Did they offer any warranty or guarantee? The faceplates are not sold separately and you will have to send the radio in for repair and it would probably cost around $500 or so.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Yep, they are serviced two ways by your delco authorized repair centers.
You can order a complete replacement, or send them yours for repair.
Either way it might be pricey $$$$$$$$

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Specmo is an authorized Delphi repair place. Their prices are cheaper than if you go to the dealer, who will likely send it to them anyway, and mark up the price. The faceplate is not sold separately, and the entire radio needs to be swapped out for repair (unless you buy another Nav for the faceplate).

http://www.specmo.com/OEMRadios/OEMRadioDetails.asp

·
Registered
CTS
1,485 Posts
Hog_cts said:
WAIT, are you saying it was working and then stopped working, or that its hasn't worked properly since you made the switch.

I'd check all your wires and contacts, use dielectic grease in the plugs. Make sure it isn't the hook ups.

·
Registered
292 Posts
jteolis said:
WAIT, are you saying it was working and then stopped working, or that its hasn't worked properly since you made the switch.

I'd check all your wires and contacts, use dielectic grease in the plugs. Make sure it isn't the hook ups.
I would guess he didnt install it right, judging from his previous post it looks like he just bought this, unless he found the terminals and gps antenna and installed it in record time I woudent doubt if he had problems getting all the buttons or features working. Maybe he just did a simple swap and expected it to work. I would assume the NAV portion woudent work at all without the VSS wire and gps antenna attached.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts