Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Eldonrado ETC & 02 DTS
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1985 Caddy Fleetwood Brom. I need to replace the styreform roofliner, does anyone know where I can find one? This is my baby and I am going to make her look new again. There was only 8K of them made, I got her new for 28k and I have kept her going all these years, now comes the restore.

Thanks Dave

·
Registered
1979 Coupe deVille, 1995 Sedan DeVille (sold)
1,846 Posts
You can order new foam-backed fabric to replace yours. You will need to remove the headliner and re-use the hard backing.

What color is your interior? Some colors are easier to get than others...

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Salvage yard.

----------

Is your car a Fleetwood or a Brougham? Two very different cars with different subforums.

If it's a Brougham, you might find someone with a parts car in the correct forum.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Sedan deVille
591 Posts
Thanks, I have the fabric, it's the hard backing I need.
Take your old headliner out of the car, tear the old fabric and clean it with a soft brush. When you get done with that glue your new fabric on it and reinstall in the car.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you. But I have already replaced the fabric about 6 years ago. The backing is what the trouble is, it old and falling apart. I know when I take it out this time there isn't going to be much left, it is like rice paper right now. And it is a 1985 2dr. Fleetwood Brougham RWD. There was only a little over 8000 built, not sure how many are left. I paid 27K for it new, love the car and it stills starts right up on 1st turn.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
This should really be moved to the RWD section, someone may have or know of a parts car available. Otherwise, an upholstery shop could make one easily. I don't think there're any curved/molded areas. It's all flat, correct?

·
Registered
1979 Coupe deVille, 1995 Sedan DeVille (sold)
1,846 Posts
Yes, it should be flat.
You aren't limited to 1985, though. Any 1980-85 Coupe Deville or Fleetwood should fit.
A headliner backing from a Buick or Oldsmobile C-body coupe should also work. (Electra, Park Avenue, 98)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, I'll be looking at all C-body cars at yard. It does have curves where the seatbelt goes up and down over the seat. But I will check with the upholstery shop to see if they can make one.
Thanks to all!

·
Registered
1973 Cadillac Hearse, 2002 Cadillac DHS
288 Posts
I occasionally buy parts for my '73 hearse from arizonavintageparts.com Parts from a nice dry state are my personal favorite. Depending on how bad your shell is, perhaps you can repair it with fiberglass cloth and resin maybe even better than a used replacement shell. I had an upholstery shop repair a similarly constructed 1980's headliner shell that way years ago.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you!! I honestly didn't think about using fiberglass and resin. Just have to mold it to the shape I need. I have started taking the old girl apart. I want her to look new again.

·
Registered
91 Deville
151 Posts
Sounds like you've done headliners before. I've heard people that haven't send them to a upholstery shop to do the actual fitting and gluing of the fabric top but do the actual removal and installation themselves, which takes the most time. I guess the gluing part can be a pain.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have done headliners on other cars and find they can be easy if you start with a small hard brush, and find the right fabric to work with. The shells are another story, if you have missing parts to the shell you really have to work and think to get they back together right and looking good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts