Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

My old fob does not seem to be working anymore and it won't unlock the doors. Which in turn leaves the car alarm on. I also replaced the fob battery and nothing changed. So I am guessing that a new fob is needed and I am wondering where to best get one and how to re-program it. I asked the Cadillac dealership and they no longer deal with cars of this age for parts.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
1,509 Posts
Hi All.

My old fob does not seem to be working anymore and it won't unlock the doors. Which in turn leaves the car alarm on. I also replaced the fob battery and nothing changed. So I am guessing that a new fob is needed and I am wondering where to best get one and how to re-program it. I asked the Cadillac dealership and they no longer deal with cars of this age for parts.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks. :)
Have you tried the whole taking it apart and cleaning the inside with cotton swabs & rubbing alcohol? I did like the youtube videos showed and it brought my old fob that maybe worked 1/10 times completely back to life. I got some new batteries too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not tried that but I will do that in the morning. Thanks for the idea. I'll report back on if it worked. :)

·
Registered
95 FWB 81SDV 96 FWB 94 Fleetwood
1,754 Posts
Try disconnecting your car battery to reset the module in the car. These can act up after 25 years. It don't cost anything and could be your problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts