Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

Hoping someone can help me out here.

I need the LS2 version of the stock maggie tune (for an 06 CTS-V). Just got the kit and as you know it doesn't come with a programmer for the LS2.

I have EFI Live already and about to commence the maggie install.

Really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Nik

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With Rick rather scarce these days, what about wait4me (Jesse)?
Haven't been able to get a hold of Jesse for weeks but good suggestion.

Better yet if anyone has it in HPT format (for the LS2) I may try to find someone with HPTuners to flash it.

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
Jesse doesn't do maggie tunes from what I recall.

Why don't you just get a custom tune from a local shop?

·
Registered
2018 CT6E, old: 2014 XTS Vsport, 2005 CTS-V, 2004 CTS-V.
2,718 Posts
There is one on hptuners forum in the Gen lll section. I would go over anyones tune with a fine tooth comb before putting it in my car though.

Norm

Haven't been able to get a hold of Jesse for weeks but good suggestion.

Better yet if anyone has it in HPT format (for the LS2) I may try to find someone with HPTuners to flash it.

·
Registered
11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma
2,997 Posts
I do the tunes in person, I just dont do them via email for the superchargers. It isnt that i cant, I just care about your motor enought to not want to mess with it. There are too many inconsistancies on those setups to allow a mail order to be close on that setup. That is why. Im sorry. :)

I think though, they just change the injector flow rate to the 60lb and then pull 3 degrees of timing. IT wasnt much on that handheld. I do have a mirror of it somewhere, but it isnt mine to give.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,006 Posts
I was gonna mention it before, but thought it of little to no use.

I've got Rick's tune for my maggie for EFILive. He emailed it to me when we were both doing our maggie installs. It was quite good, actually. Trouble is, it's for an LS6. I'd imagine the difference in the reluctors would make it basically useless, however.

OP, how far from a tuner are you? Aren't you in Hamilton or somewhere like that or was it Brantford? Can't recall.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks all

I'm simply looking for the stock tune magnusson ships with their ls6 kits to get me by for a week until I get it tuned properly. I'm in Toronto.

Jesse, I understand that a proper tune can't be mail ordered. I have access to lm1 and efi live so can do fine tuning myself if neeed be. Just need something to tie me over and magnusson only has hpt from what I've been told. I won't be driving the car hard until I hit a dyno.

I'd be owing beer money to someone who can at least read out the parameters on the stock tu
ne.

·
Registered
none yet
16 Posts
I have a few LS6 tunes for Maggie 04-05
Stock maggie tune and some custom tunes with 92mm throttle body, long tubes, and exhuast. I have the stock maggie tune for hp tuners and EFI LIVE. I have to transfer the other custom tunes to EFI.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Excellent. Would you mind terribly if you emailed me the stock maggie tune in efi format.
I'll crack it open and compare it to Jesse's W4M tune that I'm currently running.

[email protected]

Cheers
Nik

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Bumping this as urgency hasn't died down.

On a sidenote, in spite of requesting and confirming with the dealer the maggie came with a 2.9 pulley not a 2.8 that I had requested. A bit disappointed with magnusson on this.

What/where can I get a replacement pulley (I'm thinking 2.8 as the smallest) for this chap? And what's the complexity of replacing it? (given that I spotted large amounts of locktite on this thing and a good impact gun workout)...

·
Registered
04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune
4,750 Posts
I have a stock Magnusen maggie tune in efi on disk,pm me

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,006 Posts

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
Bumping this as urgency hasn't died down.

On a sidenote, in spite of requesting and confirming with the dealer the maggie came with a 2.9 pulley not a 2.8 that I had requested. A bit disappointed with magnusson on this.

What/where can I get a replacement pulley (I'm thinking 2.8 as the smallest) for this chap? And what's the complexity of replacing it? (given that I spotted large amounts of locktite on this thing and a good impact gun workout)...
The hardest part is holding the shaft while your removing the pulley bolt.
Then use a puller to get the pulley out. It's not in too tight.
WARNING The pulley and shaft are both keyed. There is a pin that goes between them. DO NOT drop it. Put something under the shaft incase it falls.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The hardest part is holding the shaft while your removing the pulley bolt.
Then use a puller to get the pulley out. It's not in too tight.
WARNING The pulley and shaft are both keyed. There is a pin that goes between them. DO NOT drop it. Put something under the shaft incase it falls.
Thanks for the tips. How did you hold the shaft? Any torque specs for the pulley bolt or just as tight as it will go with some locktite?

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
96 Posts
Buck,

Any chance you might still haveEFI Live files for a stock LS6 + maggie, or Stock + headers + maggie tune that you'd share?

Thank you!
Hammar

hammar at mtco dot com

I have a few LS6 tunes for Maggie 04-05
Stock maggie tune and some custom tunes with 92mm throttle body, long tubes, and exhuast. I have the stock maggie tune for hp tuners and EFI LIVE. I have to transfer the other custom tunes to EFI.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.