Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I don't know if you guys could help me here, but I have started a insurance policy with mercury, for my new car, and I called a broker that was recommended to me. He gave me a good price 120, since I'm 20 and I have a bring new car I understand(200 chrysler 2015) and I usually have auto pay on all my payments just because it's easier for me, and when the next payment came they took out 360$!! And I've been talking with the broker for over 2 weeks now and I called today to the 1800 on mercury and they told me it will take a whole process of canceling the insurance policy and they don't even know if they are going to give me my money back.. the point is, can I get a lawyer into this?

·
Registered
2005 CTS
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also the broker came to the conclusion that I had my license since I was 16 and I didn't, and that's what made my insurance to go up that high. AnD they didn't tell me they where going to get 360 out off my bank they just took it with out letting me know

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Bet you don't sign up for auto pay next time.... Only takes one time getting bit in ass to learn that one. I go hit the pay them button.

·
Registered
2005 CTS
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Isias, contact the CA State Department of Insurance (http://www.insurance.ca.gov/). CA is DEEPLY INTERESTED in regulating insurance companies (it's why our rates are so high, but that's another story), and since Mercury was just spanked for a violation, I'm sure they'll be delighted to help.
Thank you, I will give them a call, apperantly shows that they have been doing the same thing for over 7 years now, since the law sued was back on 07

·
Registered
1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9
1,540 Posts
If you have an auto pay you do not wish to continue, the only way I know of to gain control is to close that account and open a new one.
Such a pain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts