Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 SRX Premium, Red
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is going to be strange but here it is. Someone please ring in on this, When I operate my FRONT windshield washer only, fluid will run out of the REAR washer, down the rear window. Ed Morse, Sunrise, Fl dealership tells me, "We checked other SRX's and they all do that". Ok if that's the case I'll reluctantly accept it, but I have owned more than a few SUV's in my years and none have ever done this. Someone please check their SRX and advise. Sounds petty but gets annoying when you just want to clean the windshield and get washer fluid all over the rear hatch at the same time.

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale
1,865 Posts
Ok this is going to be strange but here it is. Someone please ring in on this, When I operate my FRONT windshield washer only, fluid will run out of the REAR washer, down the rear window. Ed Morse, Sunrise, Fl dealership tells me, "We checked other SRX's and they all do that". Ok if that's the case I'll reluctantly accept it, but I have owned more than a few SUV's in my years and none have ever done this. Someone please check their SRX and advise. Sounds petty but gets annoying when you just want to clean the windshield and get washer fluid all over the rear hatch at the same time.
My 2010 Premium does not do this.

·
Registered
14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Son of a Gun Grey Metallic
3,074 Posts
My 2010 nor my 2013 did this. The dealer is jerking you around.

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare
758 Posts
Agree that the dealer is, to put it nicely, less than competant. My '14 does not do it either.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Sport Sedan AWD
36 Posts
btk301 said:
I have a 2015 SRX and it does not do this.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac SRX, 2010 SRX 2.8T Premium AWD
26 Posts
unless you are rocking the arm to you then fully back at the same time.. it should not release fluid to both front and back.. when you pull the stick to you let it go.. if you are pushing back and forth it will do both... better question when you push stick back (to do the rear only) does it do both. the bigger test is to just snap the wiper pole forward and let it snap back on its own.. if it comes out of both take IT to them.. that isn't right.. when I press it forward towards me front when I push it back to the dashboard get rear... but Can only get both when rocking the stick back and forth...

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts
Does your rear wiper come on as well or just the fluid?

My 2012 only does front when you tell it to do front.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Premium, Red
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok guys I think I get the message. Called another dealer in Delray Beach and they thought the "diagnosis" was amusing also. Scheduled to go there Monday morning. Thanks so much for all the input. Will post the results afterward.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Premium, Red
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, so the SRX came home yesterday from the NEW dealership. Amazing, they noticed the problem right away. If anyone ever experiences the same issue (the rental 2015 SRX they gave me did) the washer pump needs to be replaced as there is a check ball in it that controls the washer fluid going to either the front or rear window. That check ball somehow gets stuck so the pump needs to be replaced. It took a trip to the new dealership, Ed Morse Cadillac, Delray Beach Fl, to get it fixed after 3 trips to the prior location.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts