Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
STS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of the wires underneath the engine have gotten torn up and i would like to know what the color code for the wires are and if they would be why my A/C does not work, ABS and Traction Control lights coming on, and my gas gauge not working. All problems happened at the same time and upon discovery, found that the wires directly under the engine were tore up. any help is appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
STS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the fuse box i found that the wires i'm looking at are connected to the engine w/h. i believe this to be the engine wiring harness, am i correct? But it is only about 12 or so wires grouped together at the lowest part of the engine. i do not know if that helps narrow it down, but i can give more info if needed. thanks for any help given in advance.

·
Registered
2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE
8,178 Posts
Sub is recommending you subscribe to AllDataDIY.com. I agree. You should also replace the panel underneath the engine. It might have protected the wiring harness and can be expected to improve your highway mileage and handling at high speed.

Another good alternative is to buy the STS Shop Manual on DVD. The dead tree version is available from Helm, but it's three volumes and not as easy to search. Personally, I'd have a Cadillac dealer check it out and replace the wiring harness. I'm handy with a soldiering gun and can read schematics, but these are complicated cars and I wouldn't want to take chances with the systems you have reporting trouble.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
STS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. Taking it to a dealer was the backup plan all along, so i will do that as soon as possible. I will also look into the sites and material you advised. Thank you once again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts