Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey , does any one know what size the spearkers are up front??, are they 6x9??.. thank you in advance

-Ryan..........this is for a 1999 STS

·
Registered
2013 XTS
2,087 Posts
But why are you replacing that system ?
In my opinion nothing comes close to that bose system.
I plan to put an aftermarket sub though in my rear decklid.

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
its and STS
so its Bose (standard Delco CD players were never installed in 98+ STSs)

and the fact he said 6x9s i HIGHLY doubt he means the dash...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well its not my caddy, its a guy i work with car, they are bose, and he blew the two front speakers out, dont ask me how he did it, cause i dont know:D...and he doesnt know what size the front door speakers are

·
Registered
1994 SLS, 1998 STS, 2002 STS...subject to change w/o notice.
19 Posts
The speaker size isn't really the important part. The part # is what's important, because it's going to have to be replaced with the same 1 ohm Bose speaker...unless you want to get 2 ohm speakers and sacrifice half your volume from the doors.
I'm sure there's plenty of 8" speakers out there that will be too deep for the door. Or maybe you could make some sort of an adapter plate, so you could fit a slimmer, smaller, less powerful speaker in there, and then listen to THAT at half volume. Or maybe you could remove the speaks and grills, and just use the door for a trash can. Lame, lame, lame. The only option, in my opinion, is to replace them with the exact same speakers.
The Bose part # is 182055-002. I think the GM part # is 25717924. Look on ebay or contact Bose through their website.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts