Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Grog 
#1 ·
My wife bought a 91 Seville that is in good shape except for a few things.

The Bose Gold serse has only one specker that works on the driver side front.
Left rear specker is missing someone removed it. I want to replace it with an after market system with CD player that will let me use CD-RW as I only have copies of my origanal Cd's in cars as insur. won't replace stolen ones (been there).

I would like to know if anyone makes wire adaptors that allow me to use the factory wiring? So that I don't need to string new wires though car.

I have done losts of searchs on the web found one that says they can repair the Bose but to expensive.

Found several that say they have wire adaptors but they all look like you have to cut wires and clamp or solder don't really like that idea. But mostly there sites or not much help as they don't show enogh info on what there selling. Even the ones that have search by make, year, model don't show much just some numbers and no info it it will work with the Bose stuff.

But mostly just want to know if I can use the stock wires?

I found and bought a factory repair manual off ebay for this car.

See less See more
#2 ·
Grog said:
My wife bought a 91 Seville that is in good shape except for a few things.

The Bose Gold serse has only one specker that works on the driver side front.
Left rear specker is missing someone removed it. I want to replace it with an after market system with CD player that will let me use CD-RW as I only have copies of my origanal Cd's in cars as insur. won't replace stolen ones (been there).

I would like to know if anyone makes wire adaptors that allow me to use the factory wiring? So that I don't need to string new wires though car.

I have done losts of searchs on the web found one that says they can repair the Bose but to expensive.

Found several that say they have wire adaptors but they all look like you have to cut wires and clamp or solder don't really like that idea. But mostly there sites or not much help as they don't show enogh info on what there selling. Even the ones that have search by make, year, model don't show much just some numbers and no info it it will work with the Bose stuff.

But mostly just want to know if I can use the stock wires?

I found and bought a factory repair manual off ebay for this car.
I bought a used Bose Gold for my 92 on Ebay for around $100, and it plays r's and rw's fine. It's cheaper to stick with factory than to go to aftermarket.

#3 ·
bob2231 said:
I bought a used Bose Gold for my 92 on Ebay for around $100, and it plays r's and rw's fine. It's cheaper to stick with factory than to go to aftermarket.
I have been watching ebay but nothing on Bose stuff.

The radio works it's the speckers that don't loud noise no music plus the one specker is missing.

Just to repair the amps on the bose speckers it 100 so 200 plus still need to buy one specker with amp.

So would have over 400 just in speckers to stay with the bose.

I went to several auto audio stories Best Buy and Circut City won't touch it because of climate control.

So only left the two very expensive Audio stories Stereo West was one don't know name of other as wasn't open today.

Stereo West wants over 455 + radio and thats if they don't have to rewire.

#4 ·
bob2231 said:
I found the Web address car-part.com and did a search.

Found two 91 Seville in my state that or in junk yards that have the Bose system in them.

I am in the processe of trying to get a hold of them to see if can buy the radio and speckers.

#5 ·
Grog said:

Found two 91 Seville in my state that or in junk yards that have the Bose system in them.

I am in the processe of trying to get a hold of them to see if can buy the radio and speckers.
From my experiences with car-part yards, e-mailing doesn't work too well. They also tend not to update the info that often. Your best bet is to call the yards and ask on the phone. That always works.
Bob

#6 ·

I am in the processe of trying to get a hold of them to see if can buy the radio and speckers.[/QUOTE]

Hi -

if you still need the Bose stuff for the 91 seville, I have all four speakers and the Bose Gold Radio/Cassette/CD for the 91 seville. all in great shape.

you can have it all for $200. email me at hanaleibay@hawaii.rr.com

tim

#7 ·
Sorry Uplink but didn't see your message I have already replaced the Bose system. I went to Crutchfield and bought a complete system with Sirrus reciever for $320. It has a Kenwood 2025 Sirrus ready reciever and 4 way 6 X 9 in rear deck, 2 way 5 1/2 in doors. My son and I put it all togather in two days. It works and sounds great.

It would of cost $880 to have it installed as new wires had to ran to each speaker and that was with out the Sirrus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.