Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Deville DTS
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 DTS and I would like to put the emblems from a newer Deville on it. My DTS has one DTS emblem on the right rear trunk but nothing that says Northstar or Cadillac on the left side...just the small black and chrome wreath crest by the trunk latch. There is also a small black and chrome wreath crest mounted flush on the hood (I have night vision). I would like to replace the two crests with ones from a newer model and also add something to the left rear trunk lid, either a Cadilliac or a Northstar emblem. I noticed that 2004 Deville's for example, have different wreath crests and Northstar emblems. I need to know which emblems came on which model of Devilles and for what years. Pictures would help too!! Thanks :)

·
Registered
2001 DeVille DTS
76 Posts
The new emblems were adopted by Cadillac in 2000, but did not make it into production on the Devilles until 2002.

I just rebadged my '01 DTS (w/NightVision) with the newer emblems. Here are the part numbers:

Front (Hood) Wreath: 25722716
Front (Hood) Crest: 25722717
Rear (Trunk) Wreath: 25722725
Rear (Trunk) Crest: 25722726
32V NorthStar 00-03: 3538464
32V NorthStar 04-05: 10334040
Cadillac: 3527157

You can get these for a decent price from GM Parts Direct.

I also changed out my wheel center caps to match. I bought them on eBay.

·
Registered
1999 Deville Concours
28 Posts
Do you have pictures of these new emblems? Or could you take some? I am changing some on my 99 but want to make sure i do not go 'over' with some of the newer designs.
thanks, Matt

·
2005 Deville base
34 Posts
The new emblems were adopted by Cadillac in 2000, but did not make it into production on the Devilles until 2002.

I just rebadged my '01 DTS (w/NightVision) with the newer emblems. Here are the part numbers:

Front (Hood) Wreath: 25722716
Front (Hood) Crest: 25722717
Rear (Trunk) Wreath: 25722725
Rear (Trunk) Crest: 25722726
32V NorthStar 00-03: 3538464
32V NorthStar 04-05: 10334040
Cadillac: 3527157

You can get these for a decent price from GM Parts Direct.

I also changed out my wheel center caps to match. I bought them on eBay.
Hey MashBill...I was reading your post and I have a silly question...what is nightvision...???

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,487 Posts
MashBill has not logged in for over 7 years and the thread has been dead for almost 14 years. Look at his post and click his avatar for more info.

Night vision was (is) a light-gathering camera mounted in the grille. Very similar to the black and white enhanced nighttime combat videos. Some Devilles and other models were optioned with it.

·
Registered
2002 DTS, 1997 SLS
540 Posts
Hey MashBill...I was reading your post and I have a silly question...what is nightvision...???
This is what the front end/grill looks like on the Devilles equipped with Nightvision.

My 2000 DHS came with Nightvision, but it was no longer working when I bought the car. I also wasn’t very fond of how it looked, so I decided to make a few changes and spruce things up a bit.

The 1st thing I did was Plastidip the grill. It was kind of faded and showing its age.

Before

After the Plastidip. It looks brand new.

Then I removed that emblem on the hood. I thought it just looked odd the way it layed flat plus it was the old design wreath, which IMO hasn’t aged well.

Cadillac Heritage of Ownership Medallion. #8 for me.

I put a new updated wreath & crest where it looks best, in the center of the grill, right over the Nightvision camera. Iirc this emblem is originally the rear embem of the Escalade or an STS.. I forgot which 1 but it’s the only 1 that measures exactly how I needed in order to fit in that hole. New chrome license plate too.

And since the wreath was placed around the hole, and the crest was placed in the hole, directly over the camera lense, it results in an offset look, which I happen to like. I think it looks alot more modern and unique now.

As far as the rest of the emblems, I replaced them all with brand new ones.

Old trunk emblem design

New updated emblem

I’ve always felt like these Devilles would’ve looked better with emblems on the sail panels.

So I bought some and put them on

Just a few of the things I did to make it look the way I wanted it. Maybe give you some ideas if you’re looking to update yours. Cheers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts