Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Cadillac STS
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 78 Seville with a freshly rebuilt olds EFI 350. I want to convert to carb due to efi being unreliable and difficult to find parts. I want to retain the factory air cleaner though. I had planned on using the Edelbrock 3711 intake with a 1406 carb. I found out the 1406 will not work on the 3711 intake due to the EGR.

Anyone know of a known swap combo either new or something from a salvage yard? I seen one post that the user had used a A4 intake and quaderjet but I'm not sure what a good simple quaderjet would be.

·
Registered
70 Deville 77 Fleet 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
3,310 Posts
I used a quadrajet and retained the original air cleaner. Don't lose that TB to air cleaner spacer. Those are very handy on 4 barrels too. You will need an EGR delete plate or a carb spacer to run an edelbrock carb on a stock intake . I ran an adapter spacer and an edelbrock carb on the stock intake and it still wouldn't clear the EGR. I just pounded it down some. You would think Edelbrock would make their intake manifold high enough for their Edelbrock carb to clear the EGR. I have never run EGR on an Olds engine anyway. If you are in EPAville then those are your options.

Oh yeah, what color is your Seville. I have only seen 1 other black interior besides mine. I never thought black would be rare.

·
Registered
1998 Cadillac STS
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The one Im working on is a butter nut yellow and yellowish interior. Yeah I didn't quite get that the edelbrock carb and intake wouldnt work together but oh well. Got a reman quaderjet to run on top of the edelbrock intake. Looks like it will all work. Know to figure out the bracket madness...lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts