Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im doing a marketing policy and problems case on the cadillac CTS for my Marketing capping class at Marist College.

I need some info from those of you who bought a CTS.

I was wondering:

1. Why did you buy it?
2. Who are you? age? sex? income? occupation? location?
3. What other cars were you considering?
4. What made you choose the CTS? TV add? Print add?
5. Have you had any reliability issues/problems with your car?
6. On a scale on 1-10, how satisfied are you withy your CTS? 1 being least, 10 being most.

this is a very important project. I would appreciate any comments you have and as much info as you can give me. You can private message me the anwers or email them to [email protected] if you do not want to post personal data on here. All information will be confidential.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
figured id bring this back to the top from 9 years ago lmao found it interesting and a good way to find out about other forum members we have all GROWN to LOVE

1. Why did you buy it-
Because i needed a car at the time being 16 and wanted to be the cool kid in highschool with a cadillac
Im CadillacKid FTW!!, im 20, on salary around $20,000 for four months in summer, Professional Umpire, Connecticut
Mazda 6 ( couldnt fit in it ), Escalade EXT ( gas was just rising up in 2008 so im like WTF no) so i went to the CTS
neither!! Its a Cadillac, why wouldnt i want one at 16, hoes in all area codes!
Ya my tranny fluid line and my fuse box :/
6. On a scale on 1-10, how satisfied are you withy your CTS? 1 being least, 10 being most.
1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (squared) repeating

·
Registered
301 Posts
1. I bought it because i was looking for a smooth quiet ride with a very appealing look that makes people stop and stare at my car
2. I am ASIAN! WOOO!!!! College student, Male, income is 45k a year, supervisor , MD
3. I looked at the Lexus IS250AWD and Infiniti G35x and the Lincoln MKZ but LOVED the CTS more
4. I chose the CTS cause it had a very appealing look and not many people around here have it :)
5. when i first bought it i had brake problems and some dents but it wasnt a major problem still drives like a champion
6. 9.0 on satisfied could use more stock HP and a slightly smoother ride but overall its very good

does that answer your question?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
figured id bring this back to the top from 9 years ago lmao found it interesting and a good say to find out about other forum members we have all GROWN to LOVE

1. Why did you buy it-
Because i needed a car at the time being 16 and wanted to be the cool kid in highschool with a cadillac
Im CadillacKid FTW!!, im 20, on salary around $20,000 for four months in summer, Professional Umpire, Connecticut
Mazda 6 ( couldnt fit in it ), Escalade EXT ( gas was just rising up in 2008 so im like WTF no) so i went to the CTS
neither!! Its a Cadillac, why wouldnt i want one at 16, hoes in all area codes!
Ya my tranny fluid line and my fuse box :/
1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (squared) repeating

Posting Whore Alert ..............
Ditto on the XBOX .
Randy GF is better IMO . ;)

Kad

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
1. Why did you buy it?- Needed a new car in 2009 after my last one got wrecked and wanted a CTS for about 6 years
2. Who are you? age? sex? income? occupation? location? 27 male, bought at 25. Travel Agent, Freelance Film Critic, Ebay Flipper...Idk about 40k from everything/85k household with my wifes job. I'm in Texas
3. What other cars were you considering? I wanted a 2005/2006 GTO more but couldn't find one for the under 20k range.
4. What made you choose the CTS? TV add? Print add? Wanted one since I saw Matrix like 6 years before I bought mine, always saw them around. About 3 months before I got mine in 2009 I randomly noticed on autotrader nice low mileage ones had dropped below 20k
5. Have you had any reliability issues/problems with your car? Yes
6. On a scale on 1-10, how satisfied are you withy your CTS? 1 being least, 10 being most. 6

·
Registered
46 Posts
1. Why did you buy it? It is a nice car. I needed something 4 door, nice looking, reliable and fun to drive. I drive about 55k per year
2. Who are you? age? 49 sex?male income 100k ? occupation? Field Sales location? Gettysburg PA
3. What other cars were you considering? BMW 5 series and Mercedes E
4. What made you choose the CTS? TV add? Print add? Needed something quick in January, liked the way the CTS handles and rides better. price did not hurt either. plus came with 100k warranty because of being a certified car.
5. Have you had any reliability issues/problems with your car? nothing major. Had 30k in Jan and 75k now. put on brakes tires and oil. Battery needs replacing and had an issue with carbon build up in the intake. (taken care of under warranty)
6. On a scale on 1-10, how satisfied are you withy your CTS? 1 being least, 10 being most. 9.5

good luck with your project. Let us know your results

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
1. Why did you buy it? Had to buy another Cadillac (CTS is my 3rd). Wanted better gas mileage/performance over my 2001 Seville STS.
2. Who are you? age? sex? income? occupation? location? 26, Male, 35k/year, I.T. Service Desk Analyst, Northfield, MN
3. What other cars were you considering? Infiniti M45, Infiniti G35, Chrysler 300C, Cadillac STS
4. What made you choose the CTS? TV add? Print add? Aggressive styling/Handling....It said Cadillac on it :)
5. Have you had any reliability issues/problems with the car? Nothing major as of yet, purchased at 46k currently at 71k. Possessed sunroof, failed rear wheel bearing, but that's it.
6. On a scale on 1-10, how satisfied are you withy your CTS? 1 being least, 10 being most. 9, little things like interior quality but other than that it's a GREAT car.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
1. Why did you buy it? Because i wanted RWD, luxury , comfortable, sporty 4dr vehicle, that looked great from factory so i wouldnt mod(but i modded it....)
2. Who are you? age? sex? income? occupation? location? Male, 27, canada, i am your teacher and i told you to keep away from my cadillac, i wont let you drive it!!!
3. What other cars were you considering? looked at the G35 and G35X,but nothing elase really interested me at the time, but did almost buy a Envoy SLT, but it sold on my way to get it, then went back to buy the Yukon SLT and it sold while i was trying to get the envoy... i guess it worked out for the best. but i still want a bigger truck for winter
4. What made you choose the CTS? TV add? Print add? none of those reasons...it was just the car,although if it was the identical car and parts but made by toyota i wouldnt have given it a second look.
5. Have you had any reliability issues/problems with your car?every car has its quirks , some things GM should have recalled like the tranny lines, headlight housings...but overall a great car.
6. On a scale on 1-10, how satisfied are you withy your CTS? 1 being least, 10 being most. i would say about 8 or 9... theres nothing else im interested in having in this class of vehicle, but there is always room for improvement

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
13 Participants
Argent1