Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Cts
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm changing my 2010 cts to the cts v and I bought the front bumper and fog but I don't know how to put the fogs in there's screws and stuff do I need something else to hold it in place dealer not a good help to me thanks everyone and the bumper off not on my car yet and I'm not hooking it up yet I just want the fogs in so it does not look gay has anyone done this to there cts pic would be great or step by step

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Turning a CTS into a CTS V? Wouldn't it be easier to buy a V? If you're trying to imitate a V that's sad.

·
Registered
Cts
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turning a CTS into a CTS V? Wouldn't it be easier to buy a V? If you're trying to imitate a V that's sad.

I would of love to I got the cts 20000 and I live in Canada to get a cts v is 90000 and used is 70000 so I put in 50000 and it look the same and I found the engine for 5000 so I spent 30000 on the car in total and I'm in the same place as a guy that spent 90000 so it's not sad it's smart

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
1,585 Posts
If you found the engine and supercharger you have the hearf of the V. But unless you also have the suspension youre missing the soul of the V. Either way... you're not going to find any help here doing something like that.!

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;
1,219 Posts
I would of love to I got the cts 20000 and I live in Canada to get a cts v is 90000 and used is 70000 so I put in 50000 and it look the same and I found the engine for 5000 so I spent 30000 on the car in total and I'm in the same place as a guy that spent 90000 so it's not sad it's smart
You're gonna need a transmission (6L90E or TR6060) that can handle the engine's power... and don't forget the wiring harness and ECM/PCM for the specific tranny. Power steering cooler and tranny cooler as well. Suspension's been mentioned (don't forget the correct springs) and you'll need the V wheels and tires plus some interior pieces. The aluminum hood with that power bulge is also a V exclusive and is a huge visual cue that you don't want to overlook as are the "in your face" Brembo brakes (front & rear). V badges should be easy... good luck with the fogs and finding all the other stuff! :holycrap:

Best regards,

Elie

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

OP, you should have saved some money and purchased an American V and shipped it. Not how I would have spent my money....but it's yours to burn.

·
Premium Member
2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual
1,371 Posts
^^^ - Also, I'm sure the V chassis has much more reinforcement(s) than a CTS chassis. Different axles/rear-end, motor-mounts, wheels, etc. Lots of unseen stuff separates the two cars for sure. By the time you're finished messing with it, I bet you'll be way beyond your budget ... just sayn'.

Rob

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,840 Posts
RapidRob said:
^^^ - Also, I'm sure the V chassis has much more reinforcement(s) than a CTS chassis. Different axles/rear-end, motor-mounts, wheels, etc. Lots of unseen stuff separates the two cars for sure. By the time you're finished messing with it, I bet you'll be way beyond your budget ... just sayn'.

Rob
Exactly. This is why rice racers wrap their Civic Si around a phone pole when they put a 200 shot and a blower on it and then, if they survive, wonder WTF just happened. *sigh*

·
Registered
<-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(
1,172 Posts
Hi I'm changing my 2010 cts to the cts v and I bought the front bumper and fog but I don't know how to put the fogs in there's screws and stuff do I need something else to hold it in place dealer not a good help to me thanks everyone and the bumper off not on my car yet and I'm not hooking it up yet I just want the fogs in so it does not look gay has anyone done this to there cts pic would be great or step by step
Use some of the money to buy a few periods. Holy run-on sentence Batman! :suspect:

Also, you can create the look, and throw in the motor, but as others have said, that's just the start. Gotta feeling you are in way over your head.

·
Registered
CTS-V Coupe
31 Posts
You can put lipstick on a pig but you can't put a pig on lip stick. This Frankenstein V you're trying to create is going to bite you hard in the a$$ if you proceed with this bat-shit-crazy project but hey, it's your $$. Have you considered simply trading in your CTS for a real V? Although the regular CTS is not as potent as the V, it is still a beautiful automobile. It doest deserve to be butchered in this manner. Just saying but as always, it's your $$ and your decision. Good luck with that.

Andy

·
Registered
10 second V2
19 Posts
Several concerns with your info...

- You found an LSA motor for $5000?
- You can't figure out the fog light install but you are planning on swapping a motor (and hopefully trans and rear end)?
- I live in Canada and I bought a 2010 V sedan last fall for $49K with only 16k km. And there are cheaper ones out there too. Before I found the used one I wanted, I was going to buy a new one for $71k, plus GST.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Sedan, Black, 6MT, no mods, LED int bulb swap
244 Posts
I put in 50000 and it look the same and... it's not sad it's smart
Personal, i think it is just sad (but not smart in any way, shape or form).
This was (still is) on ebay this morning:
2010 CADILLAC CTS-V SUPERCHARGED PANO SUNROOF NAV 42K TEXAS DIRECT AUTO
Direct link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-CADILLAC-CTS-V-SUPERCHARGED-PANO-SUNROOF-NAV-42K-TEXAS-DIRECT-AUTO-/370780933917?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item5654440f1d
My 2cents:
Basically you can get a 2010 CTS-V for less that 50k any day you want. Your project will never materialize because of the technical challenges, the only retrofit I have seen also on ebay was CTS-V body parts on a CTS chassis but the guy left alone the power train. Not to mention that the CTS-V has the trailing red leds on the speedometer and tacho, there is the g-meter, the rims are different, etc and you actually throw your warranty out the window.
George

·
Registered
10 second V2
19 Posts
Personal, i think it is just sad (but not smart in any way, shape or form).
This was (still is) on ebay this morning:
2010 CADILLAC CTS-V SUPERCHARGED PANO SUNROOF NAV 42K TEXAS DIRECT AUTO
Direct link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-CADILLAC-CTS-V-SUPERCHARGED-PANO-SUNROOF-NAV-42K-TEXAS-DIRECT-AUTO-/370780933917?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item5654440f1d
My 2cents:
Basically you can get a 2010 CTS-V for less that 50k any day you want. Your project will never materialize because of the technical challenges, the only retrofit I have seen also on ebay was CTS-V body parts on a CTS chassis but the guy left alone the power train. Not to mention that the CTS-V has the trailing red leds on the speedometer and tacho, there is the g-meter, the rims are different, etc and you actually throw your warranty out the window.
George
There was a CTS4 for sale in Kamloops last year that had a full V body swap on it. Funny thing was the pricing was on par with used Vs and the ad didn't mention it was a swap car. But he did mention it was a swap car in the first email response.

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO
371 Posts
no need to rag on the guy, if you dont want to answer his question why post stupid crap about resale value and money he is wasting? It is fun to do your own thing sometimes....even if it costs more money.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V sedan HIS, 2012 CTS4 coupe- Her's
317 Posts
might sound like a stupid question- but did you get the V front bumper or are you trying to fit it in the stock bumper?
the lights almost look the same

1 - 20 of 31 Posts