Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
05 CTS 3.6L Luxury
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a 05 Nissan Maxima loaded out with every option and I have been eyeballing a 05 black CTS with every option minus navigation. My Maxima has 60k miles on it and the CTS has 63k miles on it. My question is would anyone recommend trading into the CTS or keep the Maxima? My Maxima has began to have some engine problems here lately and it is gonna cost me roughly around $500 to fix. I have the title to my Maxima and the trade offer that the Nissan dealership (where the CTS is for sale at) offered me their car with the title to mine and $317 to "fix" mine up (or so they said). But I was wondering what would be some advice on this subject matter and if it would be a good decision to either keep the Maxima or get the CTS??

·
Registered
06 3.6L CTS w/sports package
115 Posts
sounds like a pretty good deal to me.. of course though you have to be cautious as to why they would basically trade cars straight up... can you give us any details on the CTS? (Motor, Options, Luxury Package)

·
Registered
05 CTS 3.6L Luxury
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I'm sorry. It's an 05 black CTS 3.6L and it has bose, 6-disc cd player, wood grain on gear shifter & steering wheel, sun roof, xenon headlights, self-leveling suspension, 17 inch wheels. I actually know who owned the vehicle before me. I had a class with him at college. He was a local preacher here in Statesboro.

·
Registered
06 3.6L CTS w/sports package
115 Posts
I'd go for it, but definately have the CTS checked out by a reputable mechanic just in case. Your essentially trading your Maxima for a Sports Luxury Sedan...pics would be the cherry on top lol

·
Registered
05 CTS 3.6L Luxury
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not letting me post the link to the photos and I don't know why, but if you go to autotrader.com and put in Cadillac and the zip code 30458 and it is the black CTS at Cleve White Nissan in Statesboro. I'm sorry that I can't post the link though it says that I have to have 5 post.
But thanks for your advice though I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
2006 CTS Sport
260 Posts
CTS all the way. But make sure you get the cars full report and get the full inspection done by a mechanic like fullo06 said. And welcome to the forum. Good luck.

·
Registered
06 Cadillac CTS 3.6L [Sold :( ] 02 Mustang GT 5Spd
1,161 Posts
Go for it! especially if the maxima is having issues! the second you get the CTS get it checked out and do some maintenance!

preferably in this order:
-seafoam!!!
-Switch to full synthetic oil
-change all fluids
-change spark plugs
-change air filter (or get a K&N or other Cold Air Intake)

always good to get a fresh start on everything when you get a used car.

·
Registered
2007 CTS Thunder Gray
1,055 Posts
The CTS has way more character than the Maxima. From that point of view it will no doubt be more fun to drive. But just do your best to make sure you are not trading one headache for another.

·
Registered
05 CTS 3.6L Luxury
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. I really appreciate all the advice. Just gonna let everyone know that the car checked out 2 previous owners and it has been serviced every 3k miles. As far as the engine goes it checked out too. So just gonna let everyone know that I did get it yesterday and I am extremely happy! So thanks for all the advice!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts