Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
In looking at your photo's you got the terminal that I sent in the correct C2 location. Miscreant's diagram must be looking at the connector from the wrong end. If you look at his pics and check the color code of the wires next to it, you got that one right.

The issue is the VSS connection. In looking at your pictures you didn't pull the instrument cluster! You must remove the speedo/tach instrument cluster, and you'll see only a single wire bundle (with aoubt 20 wires going into it) connector on the back of it. Flip the lever and it unplugs from the speedo cluster. THIS is where you splice into the brown VSS wire. I have no idea what those wires you tried do! There is more than one brown wire in the cars electrical system. You must use a tap for a 24 AWG wire, as anything bigger won't cut through the insulation.

·
Registered
CTS 2006
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
makes sense, i misinterpreted the directions...one thing Ody - whats the best way to pull the cluster, ive pried, pulled and done just about everything but im afraid of breaking the damn thing once i start using a lot of force, any advice anyone?

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Once you pull the steering column clamshell cover off, there should be two screws visible. Unscrew those first. Then take a flat blade (screwdriver) and gently slide it in between the top of the IP and the dash. You want to pry the dash cover up (it will pop). Then the IP comes straight out about 8". You'll then need to rotate the lever up 90 degrees on the electrical connector and pull to release it. Put the IP somewhere where it won't get scratched and dig for the brown wire.

·
Registered
CTS 2006
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awesome, im going to give it a crack tonight after i get home from work. Thanks ody!

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
19 Posts
hey ody. I have made it this far and have ran the vss wire to the radio dash. I am now stuck looking for a pin that will fit into the 7th terminal on the brown harness so i can install the vss wire. If you could send me one I would happily donate to the site. Or if you could tell me which harness beside the almost non existent vw01r will work.
Thanks

Once you pull the steering column clamshell cover off, there should be two screws visible. Unscrew those first. Then take a flat blade (screwdriver) and gently slide it in between the top of the IP and the dash. You want to pry the dash cover up (it will pop). Then the IP comes straight out about 8". You'll then need to rotate the lever up 90 degrees on the electrical connector and pull to release it. Put the IP somewhere where it won't get scratched and dig for the brown wire.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
hey ody. I have made it this far and have ran the vss wire to the radio dash. I am now stuck looking for a pin that will fit into the 7th terminal on the brown harness so i can install the vss wire. If you could send me one I would happily donate to the site. Or if you could tell me which harness beside the almost non existent vw01r will work.
Thanks
That's the deal. Become a supporting member of the site, PM me your mailing address, and I'll mail you a VSS wire with a terminal properly crimped on the end.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
19 Posts
Ok, I became a supporting member. I can't pm until I reach a certain number of posts. Any way around that?
Thanks again

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
19 Posts
Ok, I became a supporting member. I can't pm until I reach a certain number of posts. Any way around that?
Thanks again
Still can't send pm's. Really need that vss wire then I will be finished with the install. Got my nav in today and am taking it to get the theftlock deactivated tomorrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts