Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I just bought a luxury ats4 it came with axe ex12 19x9.5 wheels I think they have a 38mm offset. The tires that are in it are a 225/35/19 i was hoping the community could steer me in the right direction in getting a tire on here that can improve the ride quality or at very least a tire that can at least cover the wheel lips. My original intention was to find a set of take offs but I didn’t know that these wheels/tires would be so hard to find. I drive 86 miles one way and in the winter it can get super nasty up where i live so i need a really good tire. These rims are pretty rashed up not one is unscathed but could clean up with sanding and polish but one is unfortunately bent And there not available tell july/august. I didn’t see that. Rummaging around in the glove box I found a receipt for a wheel stud repair where the opposite wheel lug hole was egged out as well!

basically i need help getting a bigger better tire under the car. The car is great except this issue and a cracked cue screen should have my nee screen in next week other than theselittle issues top notch car fuel efficient all wheel drive comfortable ( except those tires) i love it

Heres the car in all her glory

·
Registered
Prev: 2018 ATS 2.0T NOW: 2020 CT4-V JR
2,303 Posts
The optional 18" wheels that go on the ATS Luxury are a good option.
Standard tire is Michelin Primacy Runflat 225/40-19. (ATS comes with RF + no spare)
Popular replacement tires in the forum have been Michelin Pilot AS/3+, RF or not.

What brand tires are they? Look like summer tires, even though they say M+S.
I see made in China.

The 18" tire/rim will help the ride some, OEM or aftermarket. ATS has a stiff suspension.
The handling is so good with the standard wheels/tires, that you shouldn't need bigger tires.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There’s a strong possibility ill get a set of 8.5 im for the front but im not sure on the staggered look

·
Registered
14 ATS4 - ZZP Intake Tube, ZZP DP, Renick Exhaust, Throttle Body upgrade, ZZP FMIC, ZZP Tune
61 Posts
You're on 9.5's all the way around? I'm running 235/35/19 in the front but I'm on an 8.5. my rears are a 9.5 and 265/30/19

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're on 9.5's all the way around? I'm running 235/35/19 in the front but I'm on an 8.5. my rears are a 9.5 and 265/30/19
yah I measured them myself the other day. And yah im not sure what to do. I know some people like this look but its just not me. This is not a drivers set up meaning after working all day turning wrenches in a mine that last thing you want to do is look cool driving a car that should be a smooth ride driving it 86 miles one way. If there’s nothing that can be done and to improve the tire ill just scrap the wheels and tires. Theres a local guy that has a wrecked 06 sts with brand new tires that should work as a factory replacement or at very least work as winter tire

·
Registered
14 ATS4 - ZZP Intake Tube, ZZP DP, Renick Exhaust, Throttle Body upgrade, ZZP FMIC, ZZP Tune
61 Posts
I know what you mean and that definitely isn't a setup I'd like either. STS shares the same bolt pattern, so that would work. Good luck on the setup.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its crazy some one put some time and money in this car. The wheels although look cool couldn’t have been cheap, it has slotted and drilled break rotors, ceramic pads,

I just seen this while i was measuring the rear. An eibach rear anti roll bar in the rear and in the front. I don’t really know what other mods could be done that would actually affect anything. Its almost like some one was wanting to build a track/autocross car. Then just gave up or maybe just mod happy and it was a cool mod they would do it. Either way makes no real difference to me i just need it to get me back and forth to work and be fuel efficient at it

·
Registered
61 Posts
I reread you original post and it's AWD. I think they were scared of the whole differential thing being thrown off and got a square setup. They probably didn't do much research on having the same diameter in front and rear on a staggered setup. Although the 9.5 setup would make sense for a straight line car, but the wheel setup doesn't make sense for track or street. Not that wide in the front at least (not to me). And you're absolutely correct, Axe Wheels aren't cheap, but they also don't make many of their wheels below a 9" width.

I'm glad you found the lowering springs, I'm going to take another look at your ride height. At the moment I'm stock height on 19's and it looks like a 4x4 for real 😂. I too have an ATS4 and they are a little higher than a RWD ATS.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn’t realize it had lowering springs was talking about the eibach anti roll bars

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im really thinking about ordering 2 axe ex12s 19x8 or 8.5im really worried about that staggered set up. On an awd too The car has new tires on it cheap but new the 8 or 8.5 in the front would look more appropriate with that tire and then order a set tires that that can get rid of that stretched look but keep the same look. Or dump it all and get those factory sts wheels and not have an issue

·
Registered
61 Posts
I did see the sway bars, which made me look at the matching eibach stamp on the springs 😂. Here is a link to a tire calculator if you decide to go staggered. Just look in your door sill and get the stock tire size, then compare as close to a calculation as possible with the new tire and rim size. Keep it within 1%. That way your mind is at ease when it comes to the differential. I've noticed with a staggered setup whether 8 or 8.5 that 225/35/19 and 265/30/19 (9.5) is an exact setup and 235/35/19 (8 or 8.5} and 275/30/19 (9.5) is exact. The closest I could get to a 1% setup without it being exact was 235/35/19 (8.5) and 265/30/19 (9.5). Hope that helps you out some

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yah definitely right. Its been lowered About an inch and 1/2. Wonder what else its got done to it. It keeps suprising me

·
Registered
61 Posts
Those numbers are pretty spot on with the drop they're supposed to give.

Have you looked under the hood for goodies?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks pretty stock to me. Only thing i seen was the K&N drop in filter. I hardly call that a mod. I wonder if I should look at the shocks. Wouldn’t suprise me if it has coil overs at this point

·
Registered
61 Posts
Look behind that heat shield.... Close to the fire wall. See if you have an aftermarket downpipe. LoL (wishful thinking)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It would appear to be stock. Seems almost a shame to burn this car up as a daily driver😞

1 - 20 of 24 Posts