Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Deville
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given this 95 Cadillac Deville, I lost my mileage and did some checking and found I need to replace the distributor, the o2 sensors, the EGR and soilonoud, plus my TPS.
I waited for warmer days and installed it. I ran good but had intermittent idle problems.
Now after installing the new TPS, I have found it will run very low RPMs at idle and can stall.
I have searched the internet for information on how to make the car do a learn process
and have followed the instructions, but I feel I am missing something since it has not learned after using the information
given to make the car run right.
I will need any and all information to do this right.
Please help as I don't have the funds to take it to a dealer, plus I do not trust taking it in. I have seen and know of to many
people who get scammed doing so.
I am a mechanic and do all my own repairs.
Thank You for your help.

·
Registered
1992 DeVille
2,339 Posts
Ranger you always post excellent reference threads. I found one you posted about O2 sensors and readings ect and it helped me immensely!

Thanks for that one man =)

For the op:

Minimums air adjustment to be done with isc disabled:

Tps adjustment

Idle learn:

----------

Basically it boils down to this--

verify base timing, after that do the following.

Start with the min air adjustment. Basically you retract the isc after the car reaches operating temp (then unplug it, I've read that if you leave it plugged it in, that it can harm the isc. Not sure if it's 100% true or not but id rather not risk it) and then check the idle on the fuel data center.

That will be you're true minimum idle.

If that's okay (525-550) then continue to the TPS adjustment portion.

After TPS is calibrated, reset and then gap the isc from the throttle.

Then do the idle relearn

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
Make sure those are the same instuctions for 94/95. Even tho it's the same engine there were differences between the older years especially with the computer.

·
Registered
1992 DeVille
2,339 Posts
brougham said:
Make sure those are the same instuctions for 94/95. Even tho it's the same engine there were differences between the older years especially with the computer.
that's true. Just use that as a starting point. Verify it with your year FSM and then continue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts