Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i lost my main key fob (Key Fob #1) and had it replaced by my local dealership. Now, my Escalade recognizes this new key fob as Key Fob #3. When I get in my car, the memory features do not activate for Key Fob #3 -- however, it still works for Key Fob #2, and the seat, mirrors, steering well, and pedals all adjust automatically to their settings without me pushing any buttons. How do I get the memory features linked to this new Key Fob, or have it recognized as my new Key Fob #1?

·
Registered
73 Posts
i lost my main key fob (Key Fob #1) and had it replaced by my local dealership. Now, my Escalade recognizes this new key fob as Key Fob #3. When I get in my car, the memory features do not activate for Key Fob #3 -- however, it still works for Key Fob #2, and the seat, mirrors, steering well, and pedals all adjust automatically to their settings without me pushing any buttons. How do I get the memory features linked to this new Key Fob, or have it recognized as my new Key Fob #1?
I had this exact issue. If you want the new fob to be recognized as #1 then the dealership has to wipe out all keys and reprogram the remaining fobs using the computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had this exact issue. If you want the new fob to be recognized as #1 then the dealership has to wipe out all keys and reprogram the remaining fobs using the computer.

Thanks!! I appreciate your response!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same issue. The new fob won't remember settings on either #1 or 2. My old key still remembers as always, but the new fob can't be trained to either preset. Is it because the dash says it's key # 3 and there are only 2 preset buttons?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the same issue. The new fob won't remember settings on either #1 or 2. My old key still remembers as always, but the new fob can't be trained to either preset. Is it because the dash says it's key # 3 and there are only 2 preset buttons?
That’s exactly the issue. You’ll have to take it to the dealership.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts