Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got this 2007 CTs not to long ago, and when I went to change the bulb I realized it has HID bulbs in the low beam but not the high beam. I'm trying to figure out if these are HID protector assemblies or the factory headlight assembly. I attached a picture. How can I identify what type of assembly they are? And if they are factory assemblies, how can I change the HIDs back to halogen? Or should I just buy new projector assemblies? Really confused by this so I would appreciate any help.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,883 Posts
It appears that they have the washer nozzles. That triangle looking piece that is on the edge nearest the center and next to the bumper. You can verify this by turning the car on as well as the headlights, turn on manually if it's bright outside. And then press the windshield washer button. If those triangle pieces comes out to spray the headlights twice, if enough washer fluid and motor is working. Then you have factory HID housing. Which by the picture makes me believe you do.

If that is the case, the low beam is D1S. High beam is 9005 no matter if factory HID or factory halogen housing.

No matter if factory HID or factory halogen. The best and easiest way is to remove the bumper to change the bulbs. Some have gotten away with removing the air box and fuse box. But months later have electrical issues. Because of the fuse box removal. And replace both sides at the same time.

KOT

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It appears that they have the washer nozzles. That triangle looking piece that is on the edge nearest the center and next to the bumper. You can verify this by turning the car on as well as the headlights, turn on manually if it's bright outside. And then press the windshield washer button. If those triangle pieces comes out to spray the headlights twice, if enough washer fluid and motor is working. Then you have factory HID housing. Which by the picture makes me believe you do.

If that is the case, the low beam is D1S. High beam is 9005 no matter if factory HID or factory halogen housing.

No matter if factory HID or factory halogen. The best and easiest way is to remove the bumper to change the bulbs. Some have gotten away with removing the air box and fuse box. But months later have electrical issues. Because of the fuse box removal. And replace both sides at the same time.

KOT
Awesome thank you, it would appear I have the factory Hid housing. One thing I noticed though is that while my headlight washers work, my windshield washer doesn't spray. Are these on a different fuse from each other or should I change out the washer fluid pump?

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,883 Posts
There are two pumps, and I assume there are two relays and fuses as well.

The feed for the windshield is lower in the tank than the headlight feed. Probably because keeping the windshield clean is more important than the headlights. The windshield washer shall work all the time, as long there's enough fluid. Where as the headlight washers only spray when the headlights are on. Whether they are automatically on, or manually turned on. Both are activated by the same button on the stalk. I have noticed that my headlight washers would occasionally spray automatically. I am not sure if this was a fluke or they knew that they haven't sprayed in so many headlight on hours.

KOT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts