Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
CTS 08
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, to those who have added the lamps to the standard (non-HID) setup, please chime in. Also, if you have the HID setup on your car, I could use some pics.

I got my lamps and bezels from Luke at Lindsay Cadillac (plug! plug!) and as usual the service was great. What I need now are some pictures of the inside of your bumper showing how the lamps are attached to the bezel/bumper assembly. Also, if anyone has spliced in their own lamps, I'd be interested in seeing or hearing how.

So, if someone has such pics, I'd be much obliged. Yourgmsolutions appears to be out of business to the point that he took down his site and all the pictures linked to this site.

Tom

·
Registered
Cadillac
248 Posts
You can use a Add-A-Circuit from pep boys. (H11 light plugs from ebay)
It allows you to get a professional installation of any accessory up to 10 amps without cutting or splicing into the current wiring.

It is easy to install and remove if you want without damaging any wires.
You can install/replace it into/with the headlight fuse slot to get the hot wire(10 amps) and connect a ground wire on the body under the air filter(there is a ground bolt under the air filter - you can see/find it with flash light)

They will light up only when the headlights are on.

And, if you want to install HID, just add a switch.

·
Registered
CTS 08
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can use a Add-A-Circuit from pep boys. (H11 light plugs from ebay)
It allows you to get a professional installation of any accessory up to 10 amps without cutting or splicing into the current wiring.

It is easy to install and remove if you want without damaging any wires.
You can install/replace it into/with the headlight fuse slot to get the hot wire(10 amps) and connect a ground wire on the body under the air filter(there is a ground bolt under the air filter - you can see/find it with flash light)

They will light up only when the headlights are on.

And, if you want to install HID, just add a switch.
Awesome, THANK YOU. Another question:

I got the foglights and the bezels, but they did not come with mounting bolts. I see that each light has two bolt-through mounting tabs on it, but the bezels don't have bolt holes. Do the lights bolt to some other structural piece inside the bumper?

·
Registered
Cadillac
248 Posts
The front bumper has small arms that holds the fog light. If you look closely inside of front bumper through your black bazels you will find some small arms. The bezels are just cover.

If you push the fog light in from back of the front bumper through wheel wall it will work.
And, Of course you can use some screws and fastener strings to tighten it more if you want.

·
Registered
CTS 08
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
About $350 total with shipping. The bezels are $55 each and the OEM lamps are steep at $110 each. Call Luke at Lindsay Cadillac.

·
Registered
Cadillac
248 Posts
Same OEM fog lights are being used in many other cars from GM/Chevy including Malibu.
You may/can find better prices if you search Malibu fog lights.

·
Registered
CTS 08
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the Malibu lamp lists for $119.97 on GMPartsHouse.com

You're better off calling Luke Butler and saving $9

·
Registered
Cadillac
248 Posts
You just need to release plastic retainer clips to remove top or bottom covers and replace bazels.

Only bolt i used is to connect ground wire, the bolt(10mm) is already there.

And, If you can get a plastic retainer clip remover($1~$5) you can finish it alot faster.

---

Oh, there is two~ bolts you need to release to remove bottom cover, I think they are 10mm.

There is one excellent (how to remove bottom cover) post from other member, it was a big help
I saved some pictures

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/album.php?albumid=714&pictureid=3680
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/album.php?albumid=714&pictureid=3681

·
Registered
CTS 08
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, I understand that the bezels themselves just snap in with the retainer clips. But don't the lamps themselves bolt into place behind the bezels?

·
Registered
2009 CTS
5 Posts
I'm a little confused and here's the problem:

I found the bezels for 46.35 and it says with HID what does that mean, that it comes with the bulb?

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
I'm a little confused and here's the problem:

I found the bezels for 46.35 and it says with HID what does that mean, that it comes with the bulb?
The fog lights come on the CTS with HID headlamps. The base model; as you know has the black filler panel. All the are trying to do is make you aware that you are buying the chrome bezel not the black one. Either is interchangeable with the other.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts