Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Escalade, and in the next few months, I'll have a local shop install a lot of Audio/Video gear. Here's the list of what I have:

ALPINE TCS-V430A
(TV Tuner with Multizone AV Controller)

ALPINE CHA-S634
(6 Disc CD/MP3 player)

ALPINE IVA-D900
(DVD PLAYER/ Indash Screen and Brain Unit)

ALPINE TUA-T020XM
(XM Satellite Tuner)

ALPINE NVE-N852A
(GPS Navigation)

XBOX

The DVD player goes in the dash, of course. The changer I MAY be able to get into the center console by removing the stock change. The GPS unit may be able to fit underneath the drivers seat. I'm hoping the XM and/or the Tv tuner will go under the passenger seat. That leaves the Xbox, which will go under the 2nd row seats, and two Amps (yet to be purchased), which I haven't determined where to mount yet.

Here's the caveat...I plan on installing third row seats (custom job). Also, I don't want a sub box just sitting in the back. I'd like a custom job that blends into the interior and takes up very little space. My first thought was a custom enclosure beneath the 2nd row seats, but I would need the Xbox to go there (the third row seats won't be in the vehicle all the time). My second thought was a triple 10" box that could be placed behind the 2nd row seats (when the third row was out of the vehicle), and then moved to BEHIND the THIRD row once I put them back in the truck.

Keeping in mind that I still need space for two more amps, the non-permanent third row, and the need for the low-end, does anyone have any suggestions? I listen to all types of music...dance...hip hop..jazz..etc. I have owned and liked the JL 12W3's in a sealed box (96 Impala SS)..so I was thinking of sticking with JL..however, I don't think I'll have as much space to play around with. I'm not sure. If I can get an unobtrusive dual 12" JL box behind the second and third row, I'd be willing to go that route. I don't think two 10"'s would do me justice though...I'd probably have to go with 3 10's if I went the 10" route.

Any suggestions/ideas?

Thanks,

uh2

S

·
0 Posts
not familiar with the 2000 escalade, but you can get two smaller, high-powered subs, that could 'integrate' pretty well along the sides of the back section (behind the back row)... amps could mount flush against the body, or under the seats even.

you said 10s wouldn't do justice... to an extent that's true, but there are exceptions to that rule, such as the W7s, Brahmas, XXX, etc... depending on if you can or cannot fit 12s, 10s might work :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stealth_Space said:
not familiar with the 2000 escalade, but you can get two smaller, high-powered subs, that could 'integrate' pretty well along the sides of the back section (behind the back row)... amps could mount flush against the body, or under the seats even.

you said 10s wouldn't do justice... to an extent that's true, but there are exceptions to that rule, such as the W7s, Brahmas, XXX, etc... depending on if you can or cannot fit 12s, 10s might work :)
When you say integrate..are you talking about creating an enclosure that would be flush (outside) of the back section (I'm assuming you're talking about the plastic sections on either side), or are you talking about creating an enclosure inside of the plastic, and flush mounting the sub? An enclosure built outside may not be an option..because of the third row seats I'll be putting in. I'm not sure if the seats will be close to the sides or not. As far as the amps go...I think the gear I listed in my previous post is going to take most if not all the under seat space.

My budget isn't bottom-less..but I don't mind paying extra for equipment that performs. I don't have any experience with the subs you mentioned...are you familiar with their characteristics?

I like accurate, tight bass. Low enough to feel, but not boomy...I LOVE the sound of tight, sealed boxes. If two 10's could recreate the performance of two 12W3's, I'd be happy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
uh2