Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am kinda new to cadillacs.. I own a 91 sedan deville... ok for starters my heat & Ac don't work.. the fan will kick on but there is nothing but cold air coming out.. i have no clue where to begin with that one... i ran the test computer on the car because the other day it didn't want to idle (it would stall if at idle) and it came up with the throttle positioning sensor was open or soemthing like that and there was a code for the ecm as well.... also the anti lock light and the inflait restraint light stays on.... well the anti lock light comes on after i hit the brakes for the first time... any help that anyone could give me would be great

the car might seem bad and all but for $200 ya can't beat it..lol it runs great other then that minor stuff...also another question though what is that cloth thing on the roof called... it only comes up to about the back seat windows.. i wanna get the molding for that again seeings how it is missing on one side but i dunno what that is called...

again thanks for reading and taking an interest in helping

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
For the cloth on the roof, the only thing I can think of is that yours has some sort of aftermarket top on it? Find a shop in your area that does vinyl roofs they might be able to get the piece for you. Unless I'm thinking of the wrong thing?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked to my father about the roof on the caddy because he is the guy i bought it off of and he said something about it being called a florida top..

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Your top has a special term, but they only cover the back portion of the roof.... Thats an option you can get, but I cant remember the name!

Your heating problem is probably the heater core..... Common on those cars, and an easy fix.... Search the forums....

With your TPS (throttle pos. sens), thats an easy fix... Go out to an auto parts store and get a new one, i think they are like $30, maybe less..... It will probably fix your problem....

With your ABS and airbag things, I really cant tell you much without some trouble codes..... Id unplug the battery overnight and see if it changes any....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the car was sitting for roughly about 4-5 months with a dead battery

as for codes i read on some website that the car has a default code thing to display codes... something like off + warmer button and the codes come up... so i did that and i got a list of codes but i am not sure what they mean
codes: E27, E52, E98, F11, F48, FF11 if anyone can make sense of all of that cause i know i can't

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello,

Please make sure your car has proper fluid levels like brake fluid and coolant. This can cause the problems you mentioned before like no heat and antilock brake light on.

I got a service manual on e-bay for codes.

Throttle position switch problems (TPS)
E27 open throttle switch circut
E98 P/N to D/R in ICS range

No problem
E52 ECM memory reset

Air conditioning problems
F11 A/C high side temperature sensor circut problem
F48 refrigerant system problem

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there. Im kinda new to caddys too. I have a 92 sedan deville. if i were you, id start with the cheapest and easiest stuff first. For heat maybe check the antifreeze levels and condition. and change the thermostat. on normal cars this is a cheap and easy deal. on cads... who knows. I got my caddy for 1600$ and its a nice car, but im learning some funky ABS stuff too. My front wheel caught fire last week as the brake stuck on. I thinkits the ABS computer brain or a sensor causing it to apply whenever it wants. If the ABS light is on maybe it is a sensor or ther is a real problem in the system. Id seek a mechanic knowledgeable in ABS that you can trust and get er on a hoist for a look see. the headliner trim in the car may be found cheap by alot of looking on the web or in the junkyards. Caddy dealer will likely charge a mint, but its worth a call too. Hope you got some ideas from this. good luck! :hmm:
rainingzigzags said:
I am kinda new to cadillacs.. I own a 91 sedan deville... ok for starters my heat & Ac don't work.. the fan will kick on but there is nothing but cold air coming out.. i have no clue where to begin with that one... i ran the test computer on the car because the other day it didn't want to idle (it would stall if at idle) and it came up with the throttle positioning sensor was open or soemthing like that and there was a code for the ecm as well.... also the anti lock light and the inflait restraint light stays on.... well the anti lock light comes on after i hit the brakes for the first time... any help that anyone could give me would be great

the car might seem bad and all but for $200 ya can't beat it..lol it runs great other then that minor stuff...also another question though what is that cloth thing on the roof called... it only comes up to about the back seat windows.. i wanna get the molding for that again seeings how it is missing on one side but i dunno what that is called...

again thanks for reading and taking an interest in helping

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
You guys need to bleed your brakes first. The car had either been driven really fast and hard or it had been sitting for a while. You need new brake fluid first. ABS is also a common problem in older vehicles. Generation 1 ABS is really noisy, especially on my blazer, but it is almost silent in cadillacs. My cadillacs ABS really don't work well. Definately replace the core, then check your coolant level. If both are ok and you still aren't getting heat, replace the coolant. The idle problem is probably just the fact that the car's been sitting with a dead battery for so long, same with my car, and you just have a throttle body problem. You should try changing the airbag and abs fuses first just to see if they are just bad or not.
Your roof is one of those carrage top things. You will need to go to a junkyard to find one. Good luck on that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts