Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find the parts for my car but Im not sure how I have a picture of the part that I need but it’s really hard for me to find the exact name of it it’s in the differential if someone can look at the picture and tell me exactly what I need it will be great
Thx!

· Registered
35 Posts
Barney:
If I am seeing this correctly, it looks like you have the inner and outer pinion bearings there. You will want a new pinion seal, nut, crush sleeve, and appropriate pinion shim(s) to go back in there. Finally, you will need to be able to set the pinion preload properly to finish the repair. Any idea what happened there? That does not look very good?

Don

· Registered
2013 ATS 3.6L Luxury
652 Posts
I remember one guy trying to source the bearings by the part number stamped on them, couldn't get them. But IIRC he was overseas. Might be better off replacing the complete pumpkin if you can't find the parts or know someone to properly install.

If you go with a pumpkin RnR, replace the lube and clean out or replace the vent if it's a used unit. If new, break it in gently and replace the lube after the break in period.

Post repair, keep an eagle eye on the seals, know to be leak problems.

· Registered
2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel
3,838 Posts
Shipping may be an issue but the diff assembly is available.

If you try to do this yourself via rebuild, unless you have experience setting up the gears have someone who has experience do so the new set may also get damaged. Also take it easy for the first 250 miles to let the new gears break in, they get extremely hot during initial operation. After 1000 miles drain and replace the fluid.

Rodger

· Registered
2015 ATS Sedan / 2.0T / RWD / 6-AT
225 Posts
Well, what does the last picture show? The bearings before you removed them or another bearing?

Btw, I can read a part number on each ball bearing:

F-577158 (the big one)
Online availability:
F-577158 Cadillac Differential Bearing, F-577158 bearing 10-100x10-100x10-100 - BOUKEYLIN BEARING LIMITED

F-574658 (the small one)
Online availability:

· Registered
1 Posts
I need to find the parts for my car but Im not sure how I have a picture of the part that I need but it’s really hard for me to find the exact name of it it’s in the differential if someone can look at the picture and tell me exactly what I need it will be great
Thx!
View attachment 589279 View attachment 589280
This kind of bearing >are the same but the car is Cts3.6 that bearingis adapt my derrential
Sent

· Registered
7 Posts
How can I remove the nut in the photo. I tried a spanner wrench but it won’t work. I was told a spindle socket, but I don’t know what size, and I can’t find one deep enough. Can I take out the pinion without removing the nut?

· Registered
2014 ATS Luxury AWD 2.0T Red Obsession
267 Posts
6k, I paid 3k 6 or so months ago to get a complete new replacement differential for a 14 2.0T but sadly it failed just recently as well, back at the shop for a warranty replacement but haven’t heard anything in two weeks as I figure parts are hard to come by

1 - 13 of 13 Posts