Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 cts
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello and thank you for reading.

hope im in the right area, im new here. if im not please lead me there or move my thread to the right spot.

to the meat

i purhcased a 2004 Cadillac cts with a bad motor for a good price. i also purchased a motor/tranny together for 800$ to fix this one.

the motor going in is a direct swap. same year/make etc.

i have changed motors before and normally i just listen to the advice of my father. i was reading through these forums and saw that a gentleman swapped his engine and lifted it from the top. i too decided to follow this and im now stuck. if somebody knowledgable (even better if your the guy who swapped his haha) could tell me how to access the top bell housing bolts i would be forever in your favor. thanks again for anybody who can help!

·
Registered
cts 2004
5 Posts
I know alldate and the gm service manual say drop the engine from the bottom but I don;t have a lift so I removed my 04 cts 3.6 from the top no problem. just take the trans out with it and put them both back in together. lot easier than trying to take that trans loose then remove the engine. if you insist on taking the trans off you have to remove the thermostat housing in the rear loosen the motor mounts, remove the trans cradle and get a jack under the trans and let it tilt down in the rear then you should be able to get to that top bellhousing bolt but its a bear to get the trans back in. you will need a good trans jack for that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts