Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 XLR
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I'm very new to this this whole thing, but here goes.:banghead::banghead:
I have a 04 xlr with a bose amp assy 4230 genie, two days ago the volume on the system would shut off then turn back on, I also noticed that when this happens if you access the DSP feature it will not allow you to change settings. Does anyone have any idea of what can be causing this problem? any help will be greatly appreciated.

black04xlr

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,849 Posts
Too bad your post was hidden here instead of the XLR section; you surely would have gotten a much faster response. That being said, your chances of finding anyone outside of a Cadillac dealership to troubleshoot and repair an XLR's stock infotainment system properly are slim at best. The XLR is the most sophisticated vehicle GM has ever produced, from an electronics standpoint, and letting someone without the proper training work behind the center console is asking for more trouble. In fact, even at a GM dealership, you want to ensure an XLR-certified tech does the work, otherwise look for another dealership if possible.

Using a Tech 2, a trained GM tech can isolate your problem in a few minutes. It has a diagnostic routine that checks both suspect components -in this case, the head unit and the amp. Both are connected to the Class 2 Buss. Aftermarket high-end stereo upgrades are available but can be difficult to integrate with the XLR's integrated electronics to maintain functionality of features like RAP and steering wheel switches. Special Class 2 interface units are required in most cases.

CCC

1 - 2 of 2 Posts