Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Seville STS, 1987 Allante, 1958 Coupe de Ville
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm about to change the starter on my 2000 Eldorado can someone give a step by step on how to do it??

·
Registered
1996 Eldorado
2,814 Posts
I'll see if I can find a documented proceedure. Not a hard job, the gaskets should be reusable.

The odd tool you need is the fuel line release tool, It looks like this They are cheap about $6 for 5 sizes in a pkg. at NAPA.

·
Registered
2006 XJ, 2000 Eldorado ESC--total loss :(
1,180 Posts
Fuel rail has to come off to access the intake bolts... just had mine off 2 weekends ago.

Remove the beauty cover, relieve the fuel rail pressure with the service port, remove the 2 fuel line quick disconnects. Remove all the wiring to the injectors and ignition modules. Move the purge line out of the way. Remove the 4 bolts holding the fuel rail down. Pull straight up to remove the injectors from the manifold, leaving them attached to the rail. Remove all the hoses from the throttle body and intake (don't forget the HVAC vacuum line out the back end of the manifold), pull the PCV pipe out of the valve, can't access the end from the manifold.

Remove the 3 TB bolts and remove the intake manifold bolts. Remove the manifold and there's your starter.

Reassembly is the reverse. Oil the injector orings lightly with engine oil before installing the rail. You might want to have intake seals and a TB gasket on hand. Also a good time to really clean the TB. And look at your plenum for cracking.... and replace the PCV hoses and valve.

·
Registered
2001 ESC
1 Posts
Hi any new tips on this. Im trying to build mojo Getting ready to do my 01 eldorado. Also why do cars break when the days are shorter and my garage is full of other projects.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,670 Posts
The thread is 5.5 years dead. Please Google "cadillac forums northstar starter motor replacement". Many, many threads and posts on this in here, Deville, Engines; Northstar, and Tech Tips forums.

To type out step-by-step would take a small telephone book in size. For instant gratification take out a multi-year subscription to www.alldatadiy.com. It's the Cadillac service manuals plus a LOT more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts