Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'99 Cadillac Catera
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i've taken out all the screws i could find, plus the hidden guy behind the door handle panel. I still feel it holding back in 2 spots.

i tried to remove the peice that holds the door lock/unlock up by the window, but no luck. :( It got to the point i was scared to break it.

Any suggestions?

edit: i guess pics are a no-no. one spot is right in the upper corner (front doors) where the door lock mechanism is, the other is somewhere around the door handle itself, not the arm that opens the door, i got that screw, but the handle that you would use to pull the door shut. (Middle of door)

·
Registered
None :(
2,703 Posts
To remove the door lock knob, you have to pry out the orange tab first then it should come free and you can then remove the screw behind it. Next take off the pad on the side of the assist handle itself to reveal another screw, as well as the trim behind the chrome door handle to reveal another.

When thats done, assuming you disconnected the door lock button, unseated the corner tweeter, courtesy lamp and all other visable screws, then the door panel should come off in an upward motion releasing itself from "c" clips along the top next to the window.

·
Registered
'99 Cadillac Catera
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i can't get that little orange peice off the door lock? any suggestions? I tried to use a flathead screwdriver but i just ended up scraping it up. :mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts