Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My AC/Heat blower fan quit working. It started working on and off and then just quit totally. My husband took out the blower and tested it and it works. We bought a control module and he just put it in and nothing. We also got a blower resistor and he is getting ready to change that now, but he thinks that goes to the rear heat, which works fine. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem might be. We are crossing our fingers it is the resistor. We live in Ohio and the frost is here and we have no Defrost! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I always try to put that in. 2001 STS. My husband has tried everything he can think of today and nothing works. So far he has changed the control module and the blower resistor. The blower motor runs off of a 9v battery when he tests it. He has spent most of the day either in the car or on the Net trying to find the problem. He is a "car" man and can rebuild a 350 in his sleep, but this has him stumped. Any help would be awesome!

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,789 Posts
Just a shot in the dark but check the connector pins to be sure they are making contact and not bent or corroded.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wanted to let anyone know that I have scheduled a diagnostic test at the dealer for tomorrow morning($55.00). Very curious as to what the problem is. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just wanted everyone to know that it was a bad ground terminal. Cost $4.44 for the part!! Lots of Bud Light was consumed trying to find the problem. My advice to anyone that is stumped with a problem; take it to the dealer and spend the $55 for a diagnostic test before you sink money into the unknown. Just an FYI, blower motor is the same as a 2000 Olds Aurora & 2001 Buick LaSabre, same OEM #. Bought mine at salvage yard for $25, lot cheaper than $253 from dealer. Thanks for all the help and advice. I HAVE HEAT!!!!!:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts