Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,657 Posts
If your car has EGR, then you will need to make sure its clean....... If the Tstat is bad (running too cold), it could also cause some problems.....

Beyond that I wont say much more because I dont know much more than that, since here in Indiana we dont need to worry about that!!!!

And, welcome aboard!!!

· Registered
7,657 Posts
I like using that stuff just so I can see it smoke!!! It probably feels great for the car, blowing out all that crap!!! :D

· Registered
7,657 Posts
Top engine cleaner is stuff you implement through the intake..... You can get it in aerosol, or in liquid...... Personally, I would recommend using the liquid and pouring it into the brake booster line...... I tried both ways, and the latter works much better......

Just unplug the hose from the brake booster, and put the fluid in there..... You can either use a small funnel (that will fit into the hole, that is what I did), stick the hose into the can (i wouldnt do that), or put a little bit of the stuff into a small container (like a film case or a measuring cup)......

· Registered
7,657 Posts
The brake booster simply uses the intake vacuum to make the brake pedal easier to push...... IF you didnt have the brake booster, the pedal would feel real hard, like when you press it a lot with the engine off......

The brake booster is a black, thick frisbe looking thing on the drivers side mounted to the firewall...... There should then be a hose connected to it, that leads to the intake...... When you unplug this hose, you will hear a hissing noise, which is normal......

When you apply the liquid you will put it in that hose, and when your done just plug the hose back in.....

· Registered
7,657 Posts
Very important..... I guess I figured they woudl read the directions!!!!

That condition would be called hydrolock, and that isnt good.....

After you let it sit, run the sh*t out of it clear out all that stuff!!! Its an excuse to go fast.... Do at least 3 or 4 redlines.....

If you get pulled over, just say "officer, I was cleaning out my engine" :histeric:

· Registered
7,657 Posts
The fuel additves really dont do much...... The only one that actually does anything is BG44k, and you can only get that at BG product dealers......

The reason you put it through the brake booster is because it gets it directly into the intake, rather than going through the fuel system...... It can also clean up the intake tract to a certain degree.......

You could also use SEAFOAM....... Its about the same stuff, but the TOP ENGINE CLEANER is made for the intake system.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.