Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
sts v
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone. I have a silver 06 sts v. Want to powder coat the rims a gun metal with metallic. Anyone do this? also if you did, do you have a pic. I think this would look good. Any opinions would be great :)

Thanks, Nick

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
I think that dark wheels on silver Vs look great! I went with flat black on my CTS-V, I bet it would look just as good on a STS-V.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Damn...Light Platinum Vs look SO good with dark wheels!

·
Registered
sts v
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Thanks so much! The sts v looks sick! Now is that same color as the cts rims? Both look GREAT!

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Hey Thanks so much! The sts v looks sick! Now is that same color as the cts rims? Both look GREAT!
Go flat black! It will look awesome. It will really make the silver brake calipers stand out and complements our silver paint.

·
Registered
06 STS-V
4 Posts
Those look great! What is the going rate to have this done? How long did it take?

The only down side to my V is that the original dealer had the rims chromed, and did a poor job as they all are pealing.

·
Registered
2006 STS-V (Light Platinum/Tango) *SOLD*
140 Posts
Damn, this thread is making me really want a CTS-V too! I'm toying with the idea of powdercoating my stocks and this thread is really giving me the push I need to actually get the project off the ground.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Those look great! What is the going rate to have this done? How long did it take?

The only down side to my V is that the original dealer had the rims chromed, and did a poor job as they all are pealing.
My dealer did mine. It was around $125/wheel. Of course you can get them done cheaper, but now if anything is wrong with them I take the car right back to the dealership and they fix it. Not to mention you get a loaner car while they are working on it. I dropped the car off on a Friday and the car was ready Saturday.

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 08 STS-V, 14 Raptor, 12 Camaro SS, 08 FJ
1,777 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts

·
Registered
sts v
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey Lovmy04v, the wheels on the ctv were they chrome to begin with? I am having trouble finding a similiar color for my sts v. Due you know the color on the sts v.

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
hey Lovmy04v, the wheels on the ctv were they chrome to begin with? I am having trouble finding a similiar color for my sts v. Due you know the color on the sts v.
no they werent chrome powdercoat color is "black chrome" and my powdercoater wasnt that great at it but they came out nice. I have seen better though. Its a process that is three step. the first layer is ultra-chrome the second is Black chrome and the third is a clearcoat. I think the more Black Chrome they use the darker the wheel gets. He said its a transperant color. And you can tell because they really look different in different lights. Check my fquick for examples too but yeah here is how they look in the darker lights

1 - 18 of 18 Posts