Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Cadillac Fleetwood
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very lost on what to do with this. I have a 1990 Cadillac Fleetwood FWD and when I went to try to change the spark plugs one just sheared off into the head. I have tried to use PB Bluster and an Easy Out tool. It will not come out. I have tried to get the other ones out as well and they will not come out either.

Is there anyway I can get these out without taking the whole head out? I don't have that kind of money and I am in the process of moving as well.

Thank you for all the help you can give to me.

Please email me here or at [email protected]

Thanks and have a great evening,
Robert P.

·
Registered
83 Eldorado, 90 Seville, 94 Concours
469 Posts
If you were able to attempt the easyout then that means you were able to drill a pilot hole in the SP base. Try tapping the pilot hole with reverse thds and threading a long shank reverse thd bolt into it. Use an impact wench to back it out. Be shure to apply plenty of penitrating oil. Try not to get any shavings in the cylinder when drilling. A straw with a piece of yarn through it, knotted at the ends can be used. Its the old gum on a stick trick, spray a liberal amount of contact cement on one end then insert it into the cylinder, dabbing gently around. The small pieces will stick to the wick. LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts