Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

New to board and Cadillacs but I'm a confirmed GM a holic. Mostly Trans Ams, Corvettes. Heck, even my bike has a GM ZZ4 355 horse crate motor on it.

Just bought 1976 Eldo convertible (don't ask, it was a great buy on a per pound basis). It has the Bendix fuel injected system. Crude, but for 1976 what the heck.

Checked with my mechanic, I need a heater, valve guide and spring assembly for the 500 Bendix fuel injected engine. Located under the air cleaner assembly, plugs in to sensor and regulates start up mix. GM part numbers 1608795, 6, 7 and 1628898.

Mine will run, but REAL rich until warmed up. LOts of unburned gas going to catalytic converter. Fuel injectors fine.

New to this vehicle, ideas on wher I can fing this assembly? GM still lists as valid part numbers but no stock.

Also, is it just me or is this a really bizarre covertible mechanism? Mine works fine, just seems like a Rube Goldberg contraption.

Also, where can Iget a Panama hat and some havanas?

Thanks much.

Steve in Raleigh

·
Registered
53 Eldo, 54 CDV, 74 FWB 96 FWB (sold),1998 STS(sold), 03 ESV
755 Posts

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
Wow, a Boss Hoss AND a 76 Eldo Convertble. There's no way around it, you HAVE to post pictures...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eldo 1953-

Thanks much, I appreciate it. Just learning my way around the board.

Dave, should have my digital camera back this next week. Will post the 76 Eldo convertible, the Boss Hoss bike (it's a scream ,a legitimate 10.5 in the quarter mile from an 1100 pound street legal bike driven daily to and from work )and the 90 Vette supercharged (that's my wife's car). Hey, ya gotta have some fun.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts