Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
rear suspension really creaking esp when slowing to stops. how/where do i lube?? what to use?? was thinking of using prothane superlube but cant find anyone who sells it. maybe i could get some of that reallllllll stiiiicky bushing grease from hotchkis??? someone on forum said they sprayed bushings w/ silicon pix of where to apply /squirt would be great. thanx , mlg

·
Registered
2010 GT-R R.I.P. 09 CTS-V R.I.P. 06 STS-V & 05 CTS-V
128 Posts
Take it to the dealer and have them figure it out......i called Cadillac customer service with my problem and they will make sure the problem is fixed. They had my car for 3 days and my squeak is gone...i had the exact same thing happening.

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
fellas..
i have been searching for a while and i have the same problem as stated above with my TSB white cradle bushings.. I know i could go and buy a set of specker werks bushings but they aren't even effective from what i have read..

since its 2009 i was wondering if anyone has found an effective grease to quite these rear bushings.. I have had them in for no more then 3000 miles and my warranty is up so no dealer visit... any advice or links to something i missed, thanks

edit:
i found this thread: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/112692-i-dont-know-if-i-can.html
but all they say in here is get rid of them and slop atv grease on, i dunno

·
Registered
CTS-V
4 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I have sprayed some silicone grease and it stops for a couple of days. I'm getting tired of spraying them. I've read (somewhere) that I should just remove the suckers...

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
I don't believe anyone found a fix for the TSB bushings other than removing them and/or replacing them with the Specter Werkes or OEM bushing that are apparently quiet.

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
Use regular axle grease ($4 can @ Autozone) that's what I used on my BMR bushings, and it quieted right up.

Silicone, white lithium, all that.....it'll wear off very quickly and start squeaking again. <- I know, I've tried em.

You are probably going to have to loosen the cradle bolts and get your finger up in there in between the bushings and the frame and cradle. If you just spray the sides, it's not going to get in between there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts