Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
cts4 2008 DI, cts 2005 3.6(totaled)
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok coming from a 05 cts which I loved, but got totaled, so now im looking for the next gen cts. I found a super great deal for 8,700$ and 129000km (80156)pearl white fully load with nav, cooled seat, 18" wheels, park assist, ultraview roof and many other things, but rwd :(. I live in montreal and sometime we get alot of snow in winter. Why the price is so low because it has an accident history with 16000$ in 2009, according to the dealer. It has only 1 owner. My old cts wasnt bad in snow
with pirelli sottozero 240 But I hate when there many snow because my car forward like a turtle and sometime I get stuck with heavy snow. And how I know if it Di or non DI? and Di engine really worth? my foot is heavy just for you know. I was looking for an acura tl sh awd ,the 2009 jaguar xf supercharged , g37x (but too much common car) and maybe lexus gs.

Yes my english isnt super great sorry I do my best. Living in quebec most people speak french.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,176 Posts
Besides the obvious things to check for in a used car, a Cadillac dealer can help you by running your VIN. He can give a repair record as well as find out about the timing chain issues these earlier models had.

I'm sorry you have to root for the Habs.

·
Registered
cts4 2008 DI, cts 2005 3.6(totaled)
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Besides the obvious things to check for in a used car, a Cadillac dealer can help you by running your VIN. He can give a repair record as well as find out about the timing chain issues these earlier models had.

I'm sorry you have to root for the Habs.
alright does the DI still have the oil consumption? My old ly7 have this problem and last winter, mytiming chain was loud for 1-6sec in coldstart.

vin 1g6dj577080145178

and I dont watch hockey I prefer football lool

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,176 Posts
alright does the DI still have the oil consumption? My old ly7 have this problem and last winter, mytiming chain was loud for 1-6sec in coldstart.

vin 1g6dj577080145178

and I dont watch hockey I prefer football lool
Definitely uses oil. Not an issue, no smoke out the tailpipe, just keep an eye on it.

American football or Canadian. My favorite player in Canada was Chuck Ealey, one helluva quarterback.

·
Registered
Traded in that boat anchor
129 Posts
AWD would be really nice since you get so much snow. I may be wrong here but I think there are only 2 engine options. The 3.0 non DI engine and the 3.6 DI. I have the 3.6 DI and AWD and living in Florida I wish I really didn't have the AWD but it was such a nice car and so loaded with options I could not pass it up. Shop around until you find the one you really want. It took me a couple of weeks and lots of driving around but when I saw this car that was it.
Good luck in your search.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts