Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Sedan Deville
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find out where I can get rear knuckles for my 95 Deville I saw one person on the forum say they found them for about $256 a piece. I am trying to avoid getting them used, but I will if I have to. My knuckles are bad and the squeaking is embarassing and annoying.

·
Registered
99STS,2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade,98 Deville RIP
1,054 Posts
Those things are a PITA, someone from Toronto called a Florida Dealership and had one shipped north for that price you mentioned up above, others have put their own bushings in and saved a bundle, I do not remember though the person who did that. Rock auto has them but they are about 350 to 400 there. I would not recommend getting them used as you may have a very long and fruitless search for a couple of good ones as this one problem that seems to afflict most Devilles eventually.

·
Registered
1996 Deville (sold), 2000 Mustang GT
1,300 Posts
Had bad knuckles on my 96, you aren't going to find them any cheaper than 250, the cheapest I could find was 400, plus the labor to put them in. Expensive parts are just part of owning a caddy.

·
Registered
1997 Deville Concours
188 Posts
Are the bushings by them selves available and replaceable, or do you have to replace the entire knuckle?

DAVE
'97 Concours

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think I got mine for about that price a couple years ago. I think I sent and email to http://www.brasingtoncadillac.com/ and got a quote and ordered from them. I paid a shop to put those on for me and paid like $200 for labor. At the same time, I also replaced the rear sway bar links, rotors and pads. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1996 Deville (sold), 2000 Mustang GT
1,300 Posts
You have to replace the entire knuckle from what I understand. I just livedd with the popping noise for as long as I could.

·
Registered
165 Posts
When my knuckles went bad, it was the bushings. I didn't have a popping noise, the whole back end felt really loose and swayed when driving on the highway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts