Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Pearl White CTS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So to save me time and address my exact problem. I just changed the spark plugs on my 2003 CTS and after running okay for like 5 minutes cylinders 1 3 and 5 all started misfiring I literally don't know what to do. I have roughly 190K Km on it. The plugs I used are E3 Plugs. I've used them on all my cars. But yeah the help would be appreciated before I take it to cadillac tmr morning. Thanx guys!!

·
Registered
03 Cts Sport Luxury
117 Posts
Bauer814 said:
So to save me time and address my exact problem. I just changed the spark plugs on my 2003 CTS and after running okay for like 5 minutes cylinders 1 3 and 5 all started misfiring I literally don't know what to do. I have roughly 190K Km on it. The plugs I used are E3 Plugs. I've used them on all my cars. But yeah the help would be appreciated before I take it to cadillac tmr morning. Thanx guys!!
Coil pack for that side. Check the connector to see if a wire pulled out a bit. If not you'll need a new one. Easy fix

·
Registered
2003 Pearl White CTS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha it was the connector forgot to update this. It wasn't pushed all the way in. Took me a while to catch that one lol

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,037 Posts
In the future, if you "need help like pronto", you might want to use a thread title that actually states what the problem is. In this case you got a response in less than an hour, so you can't ask for much more than that, but something like "Changed plugs, started misfiring after 5min - Need help!" would catch more interest.

·
Registered
2003 Pearl White CTS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestion. On another hand though since I changed the plugs my gas consumption has gone up by like 3 times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts