Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Deville Base, 2004 Escalade AWD
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hmm: I've got a few leaky fittings in my A/C system and need to replace those sections. I haven't had any luck identifying them with parts diagrams (from the tech forum) or diagrams from Rock Auto, etc. The lines are smaller in diameter than suction / discharge hoses and I think they are usually referred to simply as "refrigerant liquid lines". Any thoughts? Maybe be a junkyard score?

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Deville Base, 2004 Escalade AWD
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No replies :nono:....looks like I'm off to the boneyard. Does anyone here have any experience making a/c hose? It looks like you can get kits of hose, fittings, and o-rings for $50 - $75. :noidea: This may be an option if I can rent a crimper (they sell for $150+). Can rubber hose be used where there is currently metal? I'm guessing metal is used in an area where a rubber hose would sag?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,483 Posts
The aluminum and/or steel piping is there to handle some pretty high pressures......If you use hose it would have to be swage fitting steel braid high pressure hose. It can be done, but your best bet is either a slightly newer junkyard score or a dealer.

What about a local Mom&Pop shop with a good A/C rep ??? You'll have to dry and evacuate the entire system anyway........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts