Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help Help Help Help Help

Ok these are the current codes that i have on my car. I really need help getting this stuff fixed. I had an unexpected expense come up other wise i would take it to a garage and just tell them to do it.
Can someone please help me out and give me detailed instruction on how to repair these. If you happen to have pics or diagrams that would be great too. Please guys i need you on this one burning way tooo much gas and my idle goes really high at times

The E091 - PRNDL switch problem

The E098 - High RPM P/N to D/R shift under ISC

The A011 - high side temp circuit

EO55 Closed Throttle Angle Out of Range

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:crying: :crying: :crybaby: :crybaby:
any ideas???

·
Registered
319 Posts
I give it a shot,

A few of the codes seem related, does you vehicle have a high or erratic idle? You may want to check your throttle body and throttle body position sensor. A malfunctioning sensor or throttle would explain codes 2 and 4.

Code 1, dunno - it may be related to 2 and 4 or the switch is actually malfunctioning and needs replacement. Have you had any strange behavior on the gear range indicator lights?

#3 just dont know.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maydog said:
I give it a shot,

A few of the codes seem related, does you vehicle have a high or erratic idle? You may want to check your throttle body and throttle body position sensor. A malfunctioning sensor or throttle would explain codes 2 and 4.

Code 1, dunno - it may be related to 2 and 4 or the switch is actually malfunctioning and needs replacement. Have you had any strange behavior on the gear range indicator lights?

#3 just dont know.

Car runs at a high idle 75% of the time.
Can you tell me where the throttle body position sensor is and do i need to buy a new one. Treat me like a rookie.

I know that my parking break auto release is broken i have to do it manually all of the time. I think it has to do with the vacume line though

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
"The E091 - PRNDL switch problem"

my switch was loose , its locted on the tranny where the shift cable hooks up , the nut was just sitting on it , was so loose i didnt know how i was able to shift it into the proper gear , tightend the cable and no more code

have you messed with the cruise controll lately ? also check all the cables there should be a little plactic guide that snaps ont he end of each cable sheeth/braket , on mine i found them just dangleing on the cable itself and not snapped ont he sheeth/braket

see how much carbon is built up under and around your throttle plates too

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stoneage_Caddy said:
"The E091 - PRNDL switch problem"

my switch was loose , its locted on the tranny where the shift cable hooks up , the nut was just sitting on it , was so loose i didnt know how i was able to shift it into the proper gear , tightend the cable and no more code

have you messed with the cruise controll lately ? also check all the cables there should be a little plactic guide that snaps ont he end of each cable sheeth/braket , on mine i found them just dangleing on the cable itself and not snapped ont he sheeth/braket

see how much carbon is built up under and around your throttle plates too
About the throttle plate and the carbon build up. would it be easier to take the whole TB off and clean it that way or not recomended. if its a good idea then anything i need to know prior

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
if you pull it make sure you have a new gasket , the old one i was told is supposed to be reuseable but it ends up stickign to boath the manfold and TB ....

i would try to clean around the plates and the plates themselves with a toothbrush and a can o carb claener and do the egr tubes under the plates with a getto abortion device (aka old coathangar) before thinking of pulling the TB off the car

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stoneage_Caddy said:
if you pull it make sure you have a new gasket , the old one i was told is supposed to be reuseable but it ends up stickign to boath the manfold and TB ....

i would try to clean around the plates and the plates themselves with a toothbrush and a can o carb claener and do the egr tubes under the plates with a getto abortion device (aka old coathangar) before thinking of pulling the TB off the car
So what your saying is to take a coathanger and scrape where??? i don't follow. i aint picking up what your throwing down

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
What he wants you to do is rig up something where you can reach way down there to clean the EGR..... A really good idea.....

Also, make sure you clean out the plenum as much as you can when you take off the TB..... it will probably be filled with a thick gooey stuff......

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
elwesso said:
What he wants you to do is rig up something where you can reach way down there to clean the EGR..... A really good idea.....

Also, make sure you clean out the plenum as much as you can when you take off the TB..... it will probably be filled with a thick gooey stuff......
Any cleaners that i should or should not use????

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
will cleaning the TB get rid of any of these codes

·
Registered
319 Posts
It may, affect the closed throttle angle and ISC messages. The ISC may also be due to a vacuum leak - you had mentioned that you parking brake release does not work. Either fix the line or plug the hole.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
maydog said:
It may, affect the closed throttle angle and ISC messages. The ISC may also be due to a vacuum leak - you had mentioned that you parking brake release does not work. Either fix the line or plug the hole.
What does isc stand for

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Cleaning wont get rid of the codes, but they will help overall.... A clean EGR= a functional happy EGR......

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
elwesso said:
Cleaning wont get rid of the codes, but they will help overall.... A clean EGR= a functional happy EGR......
is the isc something that should be replaced

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Usually you can just clean it.....

Let me describe how I know the ISC works......

Its usually a little dohickey somewhere on the intake tract..... On my car, its in the back of the engine compartment and hooks into the plenum VIA a vacuum hose...... What it does is regulates the amount of air that can enter the plenum, and thereby controlling idle speed..... When it gets dirty, the fins stick, and it cant control idle.......

That being said, I ALWAYS try and recover parts (certain things not obviously) before replacing them.... Take it out and give her a good cleaning.....

Also, your E055 sounds like a TPS problem......

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
elwesso said:
Usually you can just clean it.....

Let me describe how I know the ISC works......

Its usually a little dohickey somewhere on the intake tract..... On my car, its in the back of the engine compartment and hooks into the plenum VIA a vacuum hose...... What it does is regulates the amount of air that can enter the plenum, and thereby controlling idle speed..... When it gets dirty, the fins stick, and it cant control idle.......

That being said, I ALWAYS try and recover parts (certain things not obviously) before replacing them.... Take it out and give her a good cleaning.....

Also, your E055 sounds like a TPS problem......
That makes much more sense now. It's crazy going from a 350 to my caddy engine. So much more things to worry about.
This thread so far might be able to take care of 3 out of the 4 problems wrong.
Check the connection on the transmission and the vacume by the ebrake

Clean the TB etc...

Clean the TB etc...

Now the ao11 code. I have no clue what that one is?

But so far this forum is going to walk me through a major (for me) tuneup on my car this weekend. I am finally bearing down and fixing/replacing/cleaning all the things that need attention. I am hope i can get a digi camera and take pics and post to see how well everything turned out. Plus other stupid things i will do in frustration during the day.
I have always been working on my dad's chevelle and my truck with him helping. He doesn't "deal" with caddys and told me he will help but he doesn't know anything. I have 3 days to learn as much as possible for the tune up so far you guys are doing great with the info please keep it up.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
A011 probably has something to do with the engine temperature sensor......

How many miles are on your eldo??? If quite a few, it may not be a bad idea to think about plugs and wires.....

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
elwesso said:
A011 probably has something to do with the engine temperature sensor......

How many miles are on your eldo??? If quite a few, it may not be a bad idea to think about plugs and wires.....
I have 71k and counting. I am putting plugs in with my "tune up". Do you recommend a brand of plugs and wires?

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
About this Discussion
83 Replies
5 Participants
Stoneage_Caddy