Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a laser Jammer in my car and struggling to find any switched power under the dash to tap. I have found a ton of always live power but I am really hoping to find a switched or off when the car is off source.

Anybody have any clues. I will post pictures of the install later the whole thing is really sweet just need to find this wire to finish.

·
Registered
CTS-V
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a Blinder. I have been searching everywhere for a clue and have probably tested 50 wires standing on my head under the dash. If I find anything I will let you know but I am getting impatient and hoping one of the gurus here knows something.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I tapped into the fuse box in the front of the car. There is an auxiliary ignition fuse. Look at the manual. I believe it is 10 amp.

·
Registered
CTS-V
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great minds think alike, that is exactly what I did I tapped fuse 62 under the hood and it works like a champ.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
There is a hole in the fire wall with a grommit you can slip the wire through to the engine fusebox.
The grommit is in the tucked into the left corner of the drivers side firewall.

The fuse will power up when you turn the ignition on and shut off electronics when you turn off the ignition.

It is titled "MISC IGNITION".

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V, Black, Auto
343 Posts
I think another fellow on here (I8ANM5 I believe) powered his jammer (Laser Interceptor), by removing the panel on the driver's side end of the dash, and tapping into a wire there. I asked him, but he could not remember which wire he used, but if you feel like playing detective, there is a switched power source under this panel.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Yes, I too have heard of that one.

Use a flat bladed plastic trim tool in order to release the retaining
clips securing the driver side trim panel to the instrument panel.

Remove the front driver side sill plate,
Pull up at the rear edege first and then pull rearward to remove.

Locate the gray 20 way connector located in the side trim
compartment.

Power ~ White Wire, single terminal
Ground ~ Black Wire, ring terminal

·
Registered
826 Posts
I changed the dash power outlet to a switched outlet...if you do that at the fuse box, you can then tap into that line.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts