Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Eldorado
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to Forum and I thought it would be a good idea to put this out.... I am a old fart playing and I love playing with Hi tect (so call) automobiles.... Butttttttttt I love the old cars, am a 60's man in and out..... But HITECT looks sooo good....

I am starting a list of things to be figured and needed to do this..... I am restoring a older Elcamino and I am wanting to put in the latest and greatest power plant.... I would like it to be factory supercharger overhead cam and pretty..... I will be running a four speed or even maybe 5 speed stick.... I want good gas mileage put at play time it can drink a as much as I can push down its throat....

Remember this is my old man's outlook and probably a life time project, mostly because I do not have a lot of life time left....lol
Right now I do have northstar with 111 thousand miles on it.... I do not have to use this if I feel a better choice is available....Rember we are in the planning stage...

I would like to start working on this project at the end of this summer right now I am in the designing stage....lol.........So, start giving ideas and problems you see I am going to have... I think this is going to be fun..... Roger

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Go down to Northstar engine forums and poke around. First thing to know is rwd and fwd N* are different, so you will need a rwd unit. The Fiero forums have tons of good N* info about tweaking them and retro fits that you may find helpful.
Anyways welcome and post some picd of your project(general forums Lounge would be a better spot and gets more traffic)

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,440 Posts
Re: Need help, anything anyone could think of

You're just a kid. Welcome to the Funny Farm !!! :highfive:

Car stuff belongs here in Seville/Eldorado. Engine stuff, in your case, Northstar, if you want to set one up.

Get in touch with member Speedygman - he builds NA and blown Northstars for his 1935 Ford Vicky. The picture is one of his pre-2000 Northstars from a FWD car, built as a longitudinal install.

The CHRfab site has Northstar parts, but they are NOT for our stock FWD powertrains.

Attachments

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
Sub you SURE that a pic of a pre-2000 N*? I see what looks like the VVT cam actuators on the front of the heads used on the LH2 and LC3 RWD Northstars? Hard to tell based on the pictures..

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,440 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
Yup your right. Far better view. The end pop can shapes from the head looked like the vvt actuators on the LH2 models.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts