Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1984 Coupe Deville, 1991 Brougham d'elegance, 1996 Deville
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving down the highway when all of a sudden the car shut off, now I thought it was the battery, but all lights work and power seats. I go to turn the ignition switch and nothing happens. Is it a fuse, relay, fusible link if so wher could it be?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I turn the ignition "on". There are no dash lights,chimes, at all, no radio. The door lights come on when i open the doors. or if I put my headlights on. If I press the radio the clock shows, but it seems like my igniton is disabled or like there is some fuse or fuse relay that is shorted.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
9,904 Posts
That's not what I meant. If you have lights on, do they go out when try to start the car, and come back on when you release the key?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The lights do not do anything when i turn the ignition and try to crank

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also remembered this car has a remote starter, would that have an effect on this?

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
9,904 Posts
I would bet it is the remote starter. I had to disable one for a co-worker to get his car to start...

Of course, check all your fuses first!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The fuses were the first thing I checked, I also tried to use the remote to start it, still no go, so maybe it does have something to do with that. I will investigate further.

·
Registered
04 ESV Platinum, 96 Eldorado Coachbuilder LTD, 96 FWB
1,044 Posts
Id check that remote start BS.... those things suck.

May 17th, Cadillac Day at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum....

Be there, or drive a Lincoln....

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Figured out my problem, a wire from the battery burnt out. I spilced in a new one and it is back again, hopefully it will not happen again.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Just the other day, I had almost identical problems on my '83 Oldsmobile. I replaced the battery cables but it still didn't fix it. Turns out the bolt that holds the positive battery cable onto the starter had come loose. Weird.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts