Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
05 ctsv
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum so please cut me some slack if I post something if the wrong area or anything like that

Recently had kooks 1 3/4 headers and catless connection pipes installed ever since then car has had some issues mainly when not fully warmed up, it tends to break up and sputter real bad during acceleration but then almost feels like it clears up and runs fine, and sometimes at idle the car will start to shake real bad I'm assuming due to the misfire, can smell the car running rich had the car scanned had plenty of o2 sensor codes and a multiple misfire code replaced plugs and wires, replaced coolant temp sensor cleaned MAF after that it ran good but only for about 2 days then back to what feels like a misfire and who knows what else, haven't had the car tuned or any tuning program installed

If some1 could point me in the right direction on what my problem might b that's would b great, thanks

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
Re: need help breaking up, sputting when cold

The installation of headers will typically cause the engine to run rich unless and until it is tuned, and it will throw rear O2 error codes not related to the rich condition until those are turned off. Misfires however, are not usually a byproduct of either the rich condition or the rear O2 sensor code issue. What are the specific error codes that have set?

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,045 Posts
As darkman said, you need to get the car tuned. Running long tube headers without a tune is going to cause a variety of drivability issues and poor gas mileage, not to mention you're not getting all of the performance gains you could be from the headers.

·
Registered
05 ctsv
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys I appreciate the help, I just wanted other people's feedback but I think getting the car tuned will b my next step then go from there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts