Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:helpless: I have this dam code(1993 sevile 4.9) every now and then.I have just serviced the trans.Before I did even It came on and the sad part is I just put the car on the road this tuesday.:thepan: I needed a car so my father gave me this one because my other car craped out also.Now this one went also I think.

It moves in in fist and pulls when on flat ground and in drive when not on the brake.But when she has to shift into second it goes all the way up to 4000/4500 untill I mess with the gas.Also screws up in third.So basicly I have to mess with the gas to get her to shift:hmm: .The car has 149,090 miles and so far from what I have read these trannys go arount then.

I am really depresed about this so far for a new year it is not good at all.The code goes on and off every now and then,I hope and pray that its not the tranny,but as much as I hope I think its gone on its way.:helpless:

Thanks

·
Registered
1995 FWB 124,*** miles
2,212 Posts
What is p093 code for? Did you fill it up with enough ATF? How's the level when engine is idling? What exactly have you done while servicing the tranny? Did you secure the filter properly?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes It is filled up,levle seems fine will check again though,I drained all old fluid cleaned pan magnet,filter gasket filled up with dextronIII and a bottle of lucas.

·
Registered
1995 FWB 124,*** miles
2,212 Posts
whiteseville said:
Yes It is filled up,levle seems fine will check again though,I drained all old fluid cleaned pan magnet,filter gasket filled up with dextronIII and a bottle of lucas.
So you did not touch the filter. Good. Looks like the tranny did not like Lukas much. LOL Check the level when engine idles and hot.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I mean I did change the filter.What really went down is I changed the fluid twice.The first time I went to change the filter the parts store gave me the wrong one.I went back and they didnt have the one I needed so I put in old filter and filled up with regular dextron III no lucas. The next day I changed it again with a new filter this time and lucas.

·
Registered
1995 FWB 124,*** miles
2,212 Posts
What was wrong with the tranny? Why did do you serve it? How was the old fluid? Burnt? Dark Brown?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the car was sitting for some time so I figured it would do it good to change it.It was light brown transperent some what dark red.It smelt some what burnt but not major.

When I cleaned the pan there was a bit of shavings on the magnet but this is normal sorta with a higher mialage car right.

·
Registered
1995 FWB 124,*** miles
2,212 Posts
whiteseville said:
Well the car was sitting for some time so I figured it would do it good to change it.It was light brown transperent some what dark red.It smelt some what burnt but not major.
When I cleaned the pan there was a bit of shavings on the magnet but this is normal sorta with a higher mialage car right.
Right.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I also read there are two selonoids.If my car goes fine in first and wont shift right into second,or third then can it be those.Onec im going it hits overdrive I stomp it she kicks in and goes but when I slow down she wont shift again.

Are there any other things that can cuase this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts