Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i just recently broke my axel in my car and was wondering if any one knew the part number from advance or even online i can go to get the oem axel i really don’t want to spend the 1500$ on creative steal please any help would be great!!!

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
414 Posts
If all else fails, you can run the car just fine with base axles while you save up for something better.

I ran them just fine until I had some set aside for the 8.8 I'm currently running.

Don't launch the car and you will be just fine, even with spirited driving. It's not something to race on, but it will get you around town.

-Byron

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A couple of days ago i was driving my v and broke the axel i’ve been to the drag strip many of times but i was on regular street just giving it a 1-2 and mind you i’m roughly 380 wheel with 340 ish torque. why did it break then and not at the track i wasn’t wheel hopping either. so i just fixed it a new one from autozone good. started to drive it again. first gear gave it half throttle and broke again the one i just replaced why? if anyone can give me info on why this is doing this please help thank you

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
414 Posts
Did you replace it with a V axle, or a base axle?

Are you running sticky tires in a wide size?

I've ran base axles without issues for a while, but I also didn't nail the go pedal. Stickey tires is what I feel contributed to the axle issues I've had in the past.

I did the CS 8.8 kit and haven't really had too many issues other than wearing out a set of CV joints.

-Byron

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you replace it with a V axle, or a base axle?

Are you running sticky tires in a wide size?

I've ran base axles without issues for a while, but I also didn't nail the go pedal. Stickey tires is what I feel contributed to the axle issues I've had in the past.

I did the CS 8.8 kit and haven't really had too many issues other than wearing out a set of CV joints.

-Byron

no just regular all seasons and it was apparently for the v

1 - 6 of 6 Posts