Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had dealer replace right front headlamp since it had water in it under B2B. Took them a while to do the repair, but they finally did it.

So here is the new problem. Drove the truck in the evening and the right headlight was clearly pointing down at the ground compared to the left. I took it back to the dealer to have it fixed. Took it home and drove up to the garage door, the right light was still a little lower than the left. ( Now at close distances, 1/2" may seem like a small amount, but at a throwing distance it is huge. So I tried to adjust the light, it would not budge, the screw would turn, but not raise or lower the light. I tested moving the left light it moves with no issues.

Here is what I think the dealer tech did, looks like the lowered the Left headlight to match the Right, otherwise they would have to remove the headlight assembly to fix or replace the defective adjustment.

If I use the high beams, it will barely light up any signage down the road.

Can someone with a 09+ Platinum with Factory rims / tires etc., tell me the height of the cut off at 10' away from the wall. Would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
66DeVille Vert 76Coupe Delegance 07Escalade ESV 96Fleetwood 83Coupe Deville 70Calais
661 Posts
Those things cost sooooo much, they most likely found a cheap replacement and either knowingly or unknowingly got a broke one that cosmetically looks fine but someone just pawned their problems off to someone else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts